Talk

Advanced search

Help! I want rid of this fat!

(5 Posts)
Cantthinkstraight7 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:14:49

I have lost 3 and a half stone since April last year. Luckily, I don't have lots of extra skin as it's been so gradual, however, I'm still carrying lots of fat.

I've read weights can really help with this and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do at home or will I have to join the gym, which I'm really not confident doing tbh.

I've also just got a set of six of Jillian Michaels workouts.

Any help appreciated

Redspottygranola Thu 16-Jul-15 19:47:19

I've lost 8% body fat over the past few months without stepping near a gym - I run a lot and do a few sessions of weights/core exercises each week. Think high intensity interval training where you maybe repeat an exercise eg press ups 8x 20seconds with a 10sec rest in between for example. I also got 2 5kg Dumbbells and train with those at home - look at Www.dumbbell-exercises.com for lots of exercises to do. Put on some jolly music and give it a go even for 30min a day and you'll see results x

Cantthinkstraight7 Fri 17-Jul-15 16:14:58

Wow, that's a massive reduction! Thanks for the ideas and link. It's the perfect time to get things done at home as it's almost the start of school holidays and I'm usually stuck to the house!

dogood Fri 17-Jul-15 17:13:48

Jillian Michaels are good keep fit DVDs, but personally I prefer Davina McCalls' DVDs as I find that the music is far better and it is so light hearted and quite comical at times, it's not so much of a chore smile Saying that you have done remarkably well to have lost 3 1/2 stone, well done U smile smile

JimineyJelickers Fri 17-Jul-15 19:48:33

I love Jillian! Which Jillian DVDs do you have?

Her 'quick' work outs (shred, 6 week 6 pack, ripped in 30) will definitely help you gain muscle, and No more Trouble Zones is really good for toning (but it's an hour long so more of a time commitment). Do you have dumbells for use at home? Those and a good sports bra is all you need really.

Good luck, and congratulations on how much weight you've already lost, that's a huge achievement. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now