Advanced search

What are those blue flat bottomed balls called?

(8 Posts)
ihatethecold Wed 15-Jul-15 22:37:44

They are like an exercise ball that's been chopped in half.
The base looks like it's non slip.
I really want one but have no idea what they're called.

KesterBellever Wed 15-Jul-15 22:38:42

Bosu ball

ihatethecold Wed 15-Jul-15 22:44:36

Yay. Thanks, do you use one?

Loula117 Wed 15-Jul-15 22:48:00

I want one too, they were really expensive though! I do crunches on one at the gym.

ihatethecold Wed 15-Jul-15 22:49:15

Bloody hell!
Why are they so expensive?
They're £90 on Amazon.
Oh well. Never mind.

meglet Wed 15-Jul-15 22:50:08

I've only used then for a couple of exercises. very effective though.

- standing on one, flat side up while holding medium weights and doing bicep curls. good for the core.

- holding around the edge of the bosu, lift straight up over your head (ouch arms and core) then bring the bosu down to the floor (ball side to the floor) and while holding it do a squat thrust. then lift by back up over your head and down to another squat thrust..... repeat until you keel over grin .

Loula117 Wed 15-Jul-15 22:50:43

Goodness knows, seemed really exessive to me. There's a running machine on there for about the same!

Loula117 Wed 15-Jul-15 22:51:40

Excessive, even.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: