Advice.

(8 Posts)
Zzzsnatcher Fri 10-Jul-15 10:25:44

Hi
Thanks in advance.
Ive got a 2 year old and a 4 month old.
I'm 5 ft 4 inches. 10 stone 7lbs.
Id like to be 9 stone 10lbs.
I go to the gym once a week for only 30 mins. I do 10 mins cardio and 20 mins resistance machines.
I am breastfeeding.
How can I short this weight.. It's hard to go to the gym much more than once a week at the moment. I don't know if anyone has any advice for me??
Or is it a game of waiting till can up my gym usage possibly in a few months when I plan to stop breastfeeding
TIA

Zzzsnatcher Fri 10-Jul-15 10:26:06

*shift this weight

BIWI Fri 10-Jul-15 10:26:39

Don't stress about the exercise. That only counts for 20% of weight loss. Your diet is far more important.

sleepwhenidie Fri 10-Jul-15 10:47:37

Personally I would just relax about your weight for now and enjoy a few more months of needing your lovely baby, eat well and treat exercise as something for you to enjoy in itself and for the headspace it gives you, rather than as a means of losing weight-try lots if different classes or activities to see if you find a passion. Bf days will soon be long behind you!

sleepwhenidie Fri 10-Jul-15 10:49:36

Needing=feeding obvs!

Zzzsnatcher Fri 10-Jul-15 11:09:20

thanks. That gd to know that about exercise. I can try concentrate on my diet. But breast feeding baby makes me hungry!! But hungry for choc and biscuits!!
I keep wanting to get organised food wise but do not have the time!
But yes at the same time I shouldn't worry too much as they are only babies for a short period. Then I can go to gym more

sleepwhenidie Fri 10-Jul-15 11:14:05

Sleep deprivation and bfeeding definitely induce sugar/carb cravings. Try and prioritise protein and good fats and they may lessen slightly smile

sleepwhenidie Fri 10-Jul-15 13:50:35

Oh - also meant to say, walk everywhere you can, especially with buggy/sling, every day - that will make far more difference to your body than whatever way you spend an hour in the gym a week wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now