Talk

Advanced search

Advice on runners please

(7 Posts)
KanyesVest Thu 09-Jul-15 16:32:31

I need new runners. I have a neutral gait and absolutely love my Asics ikaia. I'm not usually too vain about my exercise gear, but the only pair I can find in store (I'd prefer not to buy online) are a hideous colour and I can't bring myself to buy them blush .The guy in store seemed pretty knowledgeable ,but the alternative he suggested, the Cumulus were twice the price, so I said I'd have to have a think ask MN. Anyone wear and have an opinion on the Cumulus? Thanks.

avoiretre Thu 09-Jul-15 16:36:25

The Cumulus is a very good shoe, but not particularly responsive. It always feels a bit too "inflexible" to me. I would be minded to buy either the Nike Pegasus, Nike Vomero or Asics Nimbus. Yes, a couple of those are expensive but you can buy cheaper on eBay and it's well worth it to avoid injuries!

KanyesVest Thu 09-Jul-15 17:17:46

Thanks, that's good to know. I've been wearing Asics for the last couple of years but used to find Nike good. I'll see if I can find them in our local sports shop and have a try.

avoiretre Thu 09-Jul-15 17:19:12

No problem, I hope you get sorted out OK!

TriJo Fri 10-Jul-15 00:05:20

You might like the Mizuno Wave Rider too - I know quite a few neutral runners who really like it.

BlueChampagne Fri 10-Jul-15 13:40:53

Checking in as a Mizuno fan.

KanyesVest Fri 10-Jul-15 17:00:01

Oh, a friend of mine wears mizuno I think. I'll ask her about them. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now