Talk

Advanced search

need advice

(8 Posts)
firefly78 Sat 27-Jun-15 20:52:31

this time last year i was running 10k's but im currently not allowed to run. been seeing a chiropracter for a while for shin splints and he still wont let me run. when i am allowed to go out again i want to generally improve my overall toning. my arms in particular are very flabby. what would be a good weeks plan of exercise to tone up and lose weight. im joined to a gym and really want to know how to focus on toning

nbee84 Sat 27-Jun-15 23:23:03

Does your gym offer classes. Body pump is great for burning calories and toning. Pilates is good for posture and toning. Check out what other classes they have too.

firefly78 Sun 28-Jun-15 07:37:15

thank you yes it does loads of classes. would 2 or 3 runs a week plus a class sound a good plan?

DulcetMoans Sun 28-Jun-15 07:45:21

A mixture of activities is the best bet. If you are looking at exercising four times a week then maybe two classes, two runs? And try and include a toning class so it's bot all cardio. I think pump is toning so that's good. I did jam for cardio and LBT/sculpt for toning - it's a good mix.

Keeping it different allows you to work different parts of the body and also prevent muscle memory where your body wouldn't work so hard.

firefly78 Sun 28-Jun-15 09:18:35

feel so nervous about going to a class as im so unfit!

DulcetMoans Sun 28-Jun-15 09:35:07

It is a bit nerve wrecking but you soon pick it up. The best tip, for any of the body series anyway, is to wait until they change to the new routine. They change four times a year and ours is due to launch soon actually. If you catch it at the right time then everyone is learning it at the same time and you aren't behind really as no one has done it before.

You will pick it up though, wouldn't have expected to enjoy it but I really do!

nbee84 Sun 28-Jun-15 12:46:13

Most of the classes you can work to your own level. Body pump particularly as you choose the weight you lift. Even if you go as light as possible it's still really toning as you do so many reps.
We had the new release last week dulcet. Can't say I'm a fan of the tracks but maybe they'll grow on me! Loved the last release.

firefly78 Sun 28-Jun-15 15:59:45

am huge and unfit might try and rope a friend on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now