Talk

Advanced search

Shred - fitting it in

(3 Posts)
PassTheCremeEggs Thu 25-Jun-15 22:29:34

Ok I know that sounds ridiculous as it's only 20 mins a day! But I have an 18 month old, a three year old and I work. So realistically it has to be after the kids' bedtime (7pm). I have just tried the first session (started at 9.30pm..!) and really enjoyed it. But I suspect working out this late isn't a great idea. So - do I put kids to bed, do it and then eat straight away, or eat at 7 (as we normally do) and then do it at 9pm. Basically is it ok to eat dinner straight after doing it? Seems a bit wrong somehow!

(I'm relatively fit but a total gym/organised exercise phobe so know sod all about this stuff.)

MissShunImpossible Fri 26-Jun-15 08:41:05

I definitely wouldn't eat straight before (barf risk!).

I don't think it's so terrible to start at 9.30, so long as it's not stopping you sleep.

FWIW, when mine were that age, I would always do it first thing. I don't know how early you have to get up anyway, but it worked for me - up 5.45, exercising by 6 (running in my case), back, shower, eat, and DD2 in nursery for 8am and me on a train shortly after. If the alarm had gone off, I couldn't back out of it! But I am a morning person too, that probably made a difference.

PassTheCremeEggs Fri 26-Jun-15 14:03:11

I'm a dreadful morning person and definitely know my limits and exercising at 6am is absolutely one of them! I applaud your motivation smile

I think I'll go with after kids' bedtime and before supper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now