Talk

Advanced search

Protein shakes

(2 Posts)
BlankXpression Thu 25-Jun-15 11:57:51

Hi all. I've been doing a weights programme for some time now and have been having a protein shake after my workouts.

Two questions for anyone else that uses them:

I've got a whey protein powder in vanilla flavour, and its absolutely foul. I've tried it with milk, milk & banana, just water. Its so rank I have to hold my nose and gulp it down. Is there a protein shake that isn't disgusting?!

Also, what is the difference in all these different shakes and powders? i just got one on offer at H&B...

tia...

LordEmsworth Thu 25-Jun-15 15:59:35

I use two sorts. I buy from my protein.com, as H&B are fine but not the best quality you can get.

Mostly, post-weights sessions, I have a shake made up of unflavoured whey, skim milk and a teaspoon cocoa for flavour, whizzed in the blender. Sometimes I add a spoon of nut butter and/or use nut milk. It is yummy, and no sweeteners. Whey is quick absorption so good for recovery post exercise.

Sometimes if my protein intake for the day is low, I will have a casein shake before bed. Casein is slow absorption so good for pre-bedtime. However it tastes foul. I just have unflavoured, in water, and brush my teeth immediately afterwards!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now