Talk

Advanced search

Best sports bra for bigger boobs?

(11 Posts)
Ebb Tue 23-Jun-15 20:43:50

Any recommendations for a decent sports bra to avoid too much bounce when exercising? I'm a 34GG roughly and really need to strap them down. grin

DramaAlpaca Tue 23-Jun-15 21:29:49

I wear a Freya Active, which works well for me - it straps the girls down so well that they don't move when I run grin. I know a lot of people really rate Shock Absorbers too. On the running threads on here I've heard that some women wear two sports bras at the same time to give more support.

differentkindofpenguin Tue 23-Jun-15 21:44:00

Bravissimo have a couple to chose from. Pricey but can't do without them, I'd have 2 black eyes if I tried to do any exercise without it

TriJo Wed 24-Jun-15 00:15:51

Panache sports bra or Shock Absorber S4490 for me at a 30FF.

Shlurpbop Wed 24-Jun-15 06:56:50

I love my shock absorber bra. Ugly but good!

StrumpersPlunkett Wed 24-Jun-15 06:58:57

Love my shock absorber. 36gg here

SwearyGodmother Wed 24-Jun-15 07:03:21

It depends on what you're doing. For running I wouldn't wear anything other than the Enell which is like a strait jacket for your boobs - nothing moves at all and, once you're into it it's surprisingly comfortable.

For gym work I've done well with Freya Active and Panache to keep everything in place, though I did once end up attached to a weights bench by the panache and had to be freed by a very embarrassed other gym user.

I didn't ever get on with the shock absorbers - I found they chafed horribly whenever they were even the slightest bit damp, though as you can see above lots of people rate them so there's a bit of what suits you to be discovered.

TriJo Wed 24-Jun-15 10:33:05

Shock Absorber seem to be a bit Marmite-y with runners - for every runner I know that swears by them, I know another one that hates them with a fiery passion. My mate back home who is training for an Ironman and absolutely hates Shock Absorber swears by Anita sports bras, but they don't go past a UK F/EU H cup.

CMOTDibbler Wed 24-Jun-15 14:23:03

I've got a Panache, Freya, an M&S, and some Tescos sports bras. The Panache is my favourite, and the best control. I'm a 28G in normal bras.

I don't like Shock Absorber either - the sizing is just weird for a start.

Dismalfuckers Wed 24-Jun-15 20:30:50

I wear a decathlon sports bra which gives a normal shape but not enough support under a shock absorber (agree weirdly sized and hate the shape it gives).

The two together give support and a non freaky shape. I feel stupid enough running without a giant monoboob.

faceremovinghaircream Wed 24-Jun-15 20:39:48

I've tried and tested many and found Elomi Energise to be the best. Very supportive and sturdy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now