Talk

Advanced search

Heart rate monitors: best buys?

(5 Posts)
confusedandemployed Tue 23-Jun-15 17:09:03

I'd like to invvest in a HRM, preferably one which displays calories burned (I realise this will not always be accurate).
Does anyone have any recommendations?
TIA

TheWintersmith Tue 23-Jun-15 17:21:44

I'm looking at the Polar H7, to pair with a smartphone. Had a polar years ago and loved it. You get more for your money I think with the Bluetooth ones as opposed to the ones that connect with a watch.

I plan to use mine with endomondo, so I get time and gps route map of where I've been as well as personal data energy burned etc

Not been looking at the watch ones, so I'm no help there but I think the Fitbit one has a good rating. But it's twice the price of the polar one

What do you want. It for and what's the budget?

confusedandemployed Tue 23-Jun-15 17:47:17

Thanks. I do like the look of the Fitbit Surge (am a total gadget geek). I pretty much want it to do everything because I run but also do a lot of gym-based exercise.
£199.99 is a lot but in fairness it does look like a good product.

TheWintersmith Tue 23-Jun-15 20:50:53

I looked at that one, All the reviews I read said it was a bit overpriced for what it was and not that accurate- (though it was CONSISTENTLY inaccurate) , but that they would STILL buy it because it was such a great bit of kit! It looks good, and they all liked the software, so in your boat I'd definitely go for it.

I only decided against it because I don't need a pedometer, I cycle and rollerblade mainly and they reckon it doesn't work too well with either of those which is why I ended up looking at polar.

MrsMook Tue 23-Jun-15 22:36:37

I have a Polar M400 with HR strap. Retails at about £169. Great all rounder. Covers daily activity and calories on its own. Has GPS for sports settings, and the chest strap for workouts. Battery life as a general.watch is good between charges. It's become my routine watch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now