Talk

Advanced search

embarassing question regarding sweating and cardio clothes

(14 Posts)
Carmenandgetit Fri 19-Jun-15 15:21:42

This is a question I can't ask the instructors or friends.

I have started to do lots of cardio and have lovely proper trousers, however after the class/run my knickers are really sweaty and uncomfortable.

My question is - does everyone have this issue or am I abnormal? Are there special exercise knickers to wear under trousers.

I don't think I have ever exercised enough to have a sweaty fango before.

dementedpixie Fri 19-Jun-15 15:51:49

I always feel as if I have peed myself after classes. I wear a panty liner for extra absorbancy

cheapandcheerful Fri 19-Jun-15 16:50:50

Always soaked through here too....

Tanaqui Fri 19-Jun-15 16:53:33

I wear thick cotton pants to soak up the sweat!

TriJo Fri 19-Jun-15 17:00:17

I would find long pants way too heavy for an indoor class - I run in shorts 10 months of the year and find that a lot more comfortable given that I'm a heavy sweater. I prefer looser shorts with a liner too.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 19-Jun-15 17:03:45

I run outside and I'm always drenched in sweat when I'm done.

I used to have some grey running tights, they really showed the sweat marks and made it look as if I'd wee'd myselfblush

Black is the way to go. I may feel sweaty but it's not so visible.

PurpleDaisies Fri 19-Jun-15 17:09:30

I think it is one of those things that happens to everyone but no one talks about!

I always remember a clean pair of pants with my post work out outfit now!

Shodan Fri 19-Jun-15 17:23:02

Yup.

Drenched grin

As is my bra, top, towel... as for my gi (which is heavyweight cotton)- well, the less said the better wink

And yes, agree with Doyouthinktheysaurus- grey is not a good idea. Black all the way for me too.

CMOTDibbler Fri 19-Jun-15 18:06:58

I wear Tesco microfibre shorts style pants, and though like everything else they are grim after running, they aren't uncomfortable

RepeatAdNauseum Fri 19-Jun-15 18:09:42

This doesn't happen to me and now I'm worried I'm weird.

My sports bra usually needs washing after a hard run, but that's it.

Shodan Fri 19-Jun-15 18:19:22

No no, RepeatAdNauseam. You're not weird.

Just very, very lucky envy grin

AdventureBe Fri 19-Jun-15 18:19:57

I'm wet through at the end of a workout or run. Is it only uncomfortable at the end (as per your OP) or during the workout too?

I avoid cotton, the M&S no VPL shorts work for me because they're very thin microfibre type material - they're still wet through but they don't hold so much wetness.

I'm told lots of people don't use underwear under their running tights, but I can't believe that's comfy....

Branleuse Fri 19-Jun-15 18:49:00

sloggi double comfort shorts have a double terrytowel gusset. They might be good exercise pants. www.amazon.co.uk/Sloggi-Double-Comfort-Womens-Shorts/dp/B009756AXA

Normal sloggis dont, but the double comfort pants and shorts do.

And yeah, I think sweaty fanjos are pretty normal

Carmenandgetit Fri 19-Jun-15 22:24:26

Phew, I feel less of a freak now. Yes only uncomfortable on e workout finished.

I have just signed up to do a 10mile run so will hope to find a more comfortable option soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now