Talk

Advanced search

What exercise do I need to do to stop looking pregnant

(4 Posts)
kate1516 Thu 18-Jun-15 10:34:31

I had a baby 2 years ago and have put on a stone and a half since before I was pregnant and don't have time to exercise as much as a toddler plus full time job is keeping me busy (and nackered).

In the last couple of months I have been asked by two different people if I am pregnant and think i have seen others looking. I do have a saggy bulgy belly and when I get bloated it does look like I am pregnant. I need to trim it up. Am dieting already but don't know what exercise to do to look less pregnant as really need something that targets my stomach muscles.
Am also quite embarrassed about how bad I look so going to a class or swimming is quite daunting.

Any advice?

Jjcrackers Thu 18-Jun-15 21:27:03

Sadly you can't target areas for weight loss and while 'core work' (planks, mountain climbers, etc) will help pull your muscles in they will still be sitting under a layer of fat.
To lose weight you need a mix of cardio and weights. Lots of MN-eters swear by The Shred which you can do at home.
Good luck!

kate1516 Fri 19-Jun-15 12:31:19

I just read something that says half of new mums have diastasis recti which is where your muscles dint come back together properly leaving you looking pregnant. Says not to do sit ups (thank god) but Pilates is good. Might do some googling.

And be better at dieting.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 21-Jun-15 08:26:28

The way you've described your stomach was me and after four children it wasn't diastasis recti that was the cause. Look into Candidia which is a harmless overgrowth of bacteria which can make the stomach look like how you describe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now