Argh...DOMS. Tips I get through this?

(10 Posts)
Jjcrackers Thu 11-Jun-15 19:36:08

I over-did it yesterday (super sets when I've just been doing cardio for the last few weeks...what was I thinking?) and have DOMS(delayed onset muscle soreness) setting in

Moving is quite a challenge.

Any tips to get rid of it? Also, I was hoping to do a spin class tmr. Should I?

SwearyInn Thu 11-Jun-15 19:41:14

I had mega-DOMS this morning and I went for a reasonably strenuous (by my pathetic standards) 30 min walk/jog on the treadmill. It has definitely helped. I was looking into this last night and apparently exercise helps - that's why I ran today.

I'm secretly quite proud of my DOMS though given I have been virtually inert for he past 10 years....means I have actually done something!

HelenF350 Thu 11-Jun-15 19:42:51

A light jog if you can manage it will stretch out the muscles. Followed by a hot bath. Heat is just as good as cold for DOMS and a lot more pleasant! grin

MrsMook Thu 11-Jun-15 20:39:53

Gentle exercise to mobilise and increase blood flow is helpful.

Try to avoid pain relief as it is part of the process of strengthening muscles.

Bexicles Thu 11-Jun-15 20:43:07

Do you have a foam roller? I swear by mine.

museumum Thu 11-Jun-15 20:44:20

I'm afraid you need to exercise again. Gently work the muscles that hurt till they're warm again and it'll improve.

PippiLicious Thu 11-Jun-15 20:44:50

I would say yes to spin class tomorrow. Get there early, warm up on a low gear and you'll be right as rain.

ihatethecold Thu 11-Jun-15 20:47:19

I use magnesium bath salts when my muscles are sore.
Waitrose has some on offer atm.

kittyvet Thu 11-Jun-15 20:48:49

Cherry juice post exercise can help prevent as can cold bath. Now it's gentle exercise, warmth and anti inflammatories if it's real bad!

Jjcrackers Thu 11-Jun-15 20:56:51

Spin it is tmr!

Thank you (secretly pleased)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now