Talk

Advanced search

Feel such a fool

(25 Posts)
YoureMyWifeNowDave Fri 05-Jun-15 10:41:03

I started C25K today on a treadmill at home (can't run outside for various reasons) I managed to get to the end just about and then I fell off the treadmill blush sad

Now have sore knees and a sore and bloody elbow and massively dented pride

Note to self do not fiddle with mobile until you have stepped off the treadmill blush

WanderWomble Fri 05-Jun-15 17:57:26

Hope you're okay. Ice for the knees/elbow!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 06-Jun-15 06:18:40

You did your first day of C25K, you should feel proud, don't focus on the fallthanks

I fall over more than I should when running, and I run outside so do it very publicly and I tend to fall like a not so small elephantgrin

Falling is very painful as you get older, I hope you aren't too sore today.

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sat 06-Jun-15 09:04:41

Thanks grin

I'm a little stiff this morning but not as bad as I thought I would be, I'm developing some rather spectacular bruises though!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 06-Jun-15 10:32:00

If there was an Olympics of falling off treadmills I would be world famous!

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sun 07-Jun-15 13:08:24

Well I managed to do day 2 without falling off so I'm classing today as a good day grin

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sun 07-Jun-15 20:44:05

Just keep going smile

hotandbothered24 Sun 07-Jun-15 20:49:36

I did this at the gym because I wa too busy watching tv screen, easily done good luck with the rest of your training

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 10-Jun-15 09:43:28

How are you getting on dave?

NathalieM Fri 12-Jun-15 10:54:43

You're going to get some scars and have your pride dented along the way! Keep at it and you'll become invincible to it eventually ;)

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sat 13-Jun-15 10:38:46

Just preparing to do week 2 run 2 grin

I still have a black elbow but everywhere else is ok now

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sat 13-Jun-15 11:50:55

Week 2 run 2 done with no accidents! I look like a very sweaty beetroot but that doesn't last too long only about 90 minutes grin

tirtytreeandatird Sat 13-Jun-15 19:46:10

Ah don't be too hard on yourself, I came off my bike today and am black and blue! Least we are doing something to get fit!!!

LaurieJuspeczyk Sun 14-Jun-15 02:01:14

I fell off a treadmill once because for some reason I decided it was a good idea to run with my eyes shut! And it wasn't even at home, it was in the gym in front of everyone. So don't feel like too much of an idiot, and congrats on getting partway through week 2 smile

YoureMyWifeNowDave Mon 15-Jun-15 10:02:41

Thats week 2 run 3 done grin feeling quite pleased with myself as I havent had to extend any of the walks today! Looking forward to starting week 3 on wednesday now grin

YoureMyWifeNowDave Fri 19-Jun-15 08:56:40

Feeling quite proud today! Just done week 3 day 2 and did an extra 3 minute run at the end as I felt so good grin

YoureMyWifeNowDave Wed 01-Jul-15 23:22:35

Did week 5 run 1 this morning I found it quite hard but I managed to finish so feeling pleased grin not looking forward to day 2 and 3 though!

BikeRunSki Wed 01-Jul-15 23:27:26

Is it this week you do the 20 min run?

YoureMyWifeNowDave Wed 01-Jul-15 23:42:44

Yes that is run 3 I am really struggling to imagine being able to keep going for so long considering how knackered I feel after just 5 minutes

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sat 04-Jul-15 13:58:56

Week 5 run 2 done today - was very hard going as I didn't sleep well last night as we had a family bereavement but I found being able to just concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other strangely comforting

YoureMyWifeNowDave Wed 08-Jul-15 13:53:51

I attempted the 20 minute run yesterday and failed miserably - whole body felt like lead and I was struggling before I'd even done 5 minutes so I gave up and put it down to being a bad day

Tried again today and I did it grin week 5 is finished grin

MrsMook Thu 09-Jul-15 06:28:46

Well done!
Once you've cracked that, the jumps in difficulty don't seem so much. In a way it gets easier as your body warms up more and gets into the flow.

YoureMyWifeNowDave Fri 10-Jul-15 14:09:02

Week 6 run 1 done today - I thought it would be easy after running the solid block last time but it wasn't! Still its another step closer to the finish

YoureMyWifeNowDave Fri 17-Jul-15 16:50:27

Struggling a little with the 25 minute runs blush I have a 4 year old and she will not let me run in peace! On the interval runs I could talk to her while on the walking bits but if I try to talk and run I get really out of breath and find it hard to keep a steady pace which feels a bit dangerous on the treadmill!

Arrrggghh!

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sat 18-Jul-15 13:04:48

Finally managed 25 minutes grin DH kept DD busy while I sneaked off for my run!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now