Talk

Advanced search

anyone know about those Nordic walking pole things?

(3 Posts)
TinyBit Thu 04-Jun-15 09:50:19

I want to buy one for my dad's birthday, but it has to be good quality.

Can anyone advise what to look for please?

pacentr0 Fri 05-Jun-15 16:11:36

Hello,

I'm a Nordic Walking Instructor and there are various options you could look at for your dad, he would however need a pair of poles rather than one if he is interested in learning to Nordic Walk. Some poles are height-specific and a fixed length whereas others are adjustable, whilst some are made of aluminium and others carbon or carbon composite. Personally, I'm less keen on the aluminium poles and prefer a lighter pole. I also prefer poles with a tip that can be adjusted with the foot rather than having to use your hands. Most Nordic Walking instructors provide poles for clients to use during a course. This enables the participants to decide on what type of poles they prefer, whether they would like a fixed height or adjustable pole and how light they would like their pole to be. Many Nordic walking instructors also provide taster sessions which are helpful for anyone considering the sport and also allow an opportunity to chat about poles etc. hope that helps.

TinyBit Sat 06-Jun-15 09:58:26

That's really helpful, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now