Talk

Advanced search

Low Impact DVD

(6 Posts)
NotBrokenJustBent Mon 01-Jun-15 12:20:33

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I have some minor pelvic floor issues after three babies in 5 years (mostly from the forceps with the first one). I am working on that, but in the meantime I need some low impact exercise.

It is really hard to get out to the gym or swimming (my favoured low impact exercises) so I'd like a DVD to at least do something that isn't fast walking.

Problem is, I can't work out from the blurbs where the low impact will be the easy option for the unfit (not knocking that, it's just not what I need). and where I might get a genuine fitness work out without massive impact. Is such a thing possible - a low impact DVD for someone with reasonably good fitness levels?

Dismalfuckers Mon 01-Jun-15 20:09:38

The ten minute ones you can get on Amazon are good, and you can choose something you like?

Or what about taking up Pilates, all,about the core and pelvic floor, so you could do that and get back to your usual level of exercise?

Or the Davina seven minute one is good, fun but pretty easy..?

CadiM Tue 02-Jun-15 20:37:10

fitness blender have lots of low impact workouts: some cardio, some strength and some a mix of both. They have a good search option to narrow it down and you can choose the difficulty as well.

SheHasAWildHeart Fri 05-Jun-15 14:15:28

I started with Davina's 7 min DVD - doing two or three workouts together, and have now worked my way up to more intense fitness blender videos. If you're on facebook 'like' fitness blender and ask them to point you in the right direction.

NotBrokenJustBent Sun 07-Jun-15 21:05:21

Sorry, I didn't realise anyone had replied. Thanks for all the recommendations. smile

angeltreats Mon 08-Jun-15 22:37:46

What about step aerobics? I used to have a Step Reebok dvd that was a really good workout and very low impact. It's very dated now but the workout is still great. The instructor was Gin Miller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now