4mo post-birth - need a kick up the bum!

(5 Posts)
jessl89 Sat 30-May-15 09:41:16

I'm in need of motivation to tone up my tummy. I've never been slim but I've been in far better shape than this. I'm back to pre-baby size clothes, in theory, but nothing looks very nice.

Baby boy born January, is now wonderful lovely perfect baby. DSD is 7. I get a good couple of hours to myself during the day when she is at school and he is asleep upstairs.

What exercise can I do at home, easily, to start toning up? I'm really not an aerobics video Davina dance type of gal - apart from sit-ups, what can I try??

roverover Sat 30-May-15 16:00:34

I'm at the same stage as you-4 m post baby and need to get back to it! I like Insanity. Not dancy and hard enough that if I can only do 20 mins before the baby wakes up, I still feel like I've made progress smile

mummybare Sat 30-May-15 17:02:54

Don't do sit-ups! They are the worst exercise when you are post-natal. They encourage your tummy muscles to separate and put pressure on your pelvic floor, which is not what you want. Planks and and Pilates moves that pull everything into the midline are much better for your core.

Oh and congrats on your new little bundle flowers

jessl89 Sat 30-May-15 20:24:46

I've never heard of that rover! I'll look it up thanks.

And I didn't have a clue about the tummy muscles thing mummybare, I'm not really an exercise type (we walk a lots, quite seriously, but I've never done "training" etc).

Whyhasnooneusedvimesyet Sat 30-May-15 20:37:24

Dd is 16 weeks and only exercise so far is walking to the shops to buy biscuits.
I was looking at Shaun T of insanity "Hip hop abs" mainly as its much cheaper than insanity but given the muscle thing I'll need to see if it's suitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now