Week off...will it set me back ..

(3 Posts)
Thetallestsunflower Sat 23-May-15 22:42:42

I had a really good 10k run today and it was the first time I felt like I was improving and getting somewhere.
However I'm away for a week now with my kids and it will be a week on Monday til I can get out running again (other than a few gentle jogs with the kids)
Do you think a week off will set me right back? I will hope fully be able to swim and do some bits of strength stuff cxx

Urbanvoltaire Sun 24-May-15 09:27:54

Are you able to do some high intensity sessions in your week off? Eg squats, burpees, 50 secs on, 10 secs off (or 45/15) times 6 or as many as you can manage. Run up & down stairs if you can.

Sit-ups, plank will help stomache & core muscles, plus some stretching every day.

I think the key is to keep as active as possible, and walk everywhere !

pootlebug Sun 24-May-15 19:26:41

How old are your kids? Can you do anything at all….I have run around the perimeter of a playground with the kids playing in the middle before now! Or you could do sprint races - just start x distance behind them so that it's competitive.

But in the end a week won't be the end of the world - just pick it up as soon as you're back before you fall out of the habit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now