We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Asics shoe sizes?

(7 Posts)
ludovica Tue 12-May-15 21:21:42

Is it true that they run small? I did buy some ages ago that were supposedly fitted by the running shop but they advised me to get half a size bigger to allow my feet to expand while running. They turned out to be too big and my toes were twisting around so I got rid of them. I am now looking at trainers but I will have to buy online. Some of the reviews say they run small, but others say they are true to size.

Thistledew Tue 12-May-15 21:32:26

I bought a pair recently and think they are a great trainer, but yes, they definitely come up small. What was odd as well was that there is no consistency in the sizing- I tried one style and found a really good fit and feel, but I didn't much like the colour. I tried exactly the same style and size but in a different colour and they were far too big confused. Very odd

magicgirl74 Tue 12-May-15 21:52:41

I always size up with asics,im normaly a 6 but have to have a 7 and iv had a fair few pairs over the years.

Anglaise1 Wed 13-May-15 08:57:36

You should go up a size with all running shoes because your feet expand when you run. Asics are quite narrow so perhaps feel smaler. I used to always run in them but one of my feet is now so deformed by running (bunions and other things so my foot is a lot wider) that I've had to go up 2 sizes and switch to Mitzuno which fit wider than Asics do.

HolgerDanske Wed 13-May-15 09:04:05

You can't generalise on whether or not you need to size up. Even within the Asics brand it will differ from model to model. It's true that a lot of people run in shoes that are too small for them. You need plenty of wiggle room for your toes, no pressure on the top of your foot, and space for your feet to swell in summer/at the end of the day/during a long run. Your toe should come somewhere in the region of the seam at the front of the shoe.

Asics have come up smaller in recent years, for sure. But unfortunately it will be impossible for you to be sure a shoe will fit well unless you try before you buy.

HolgerDanske Wed 13-May-15 09:07:16

Also it's not an across the board rule that you size up in all running shoes. It depends on the make and how the size has been converted. This will vary. Most people I sell to will stay with their own size, although some will size up. Depends on a range of issues such as how wide your feet are, toe length, instep, and whether or not it's a neutral or stability trainer.

ludovica Wed 13-May-15 15:40:24

Thank you all. Think I might try a different brand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now