Exercise DVD recommendations

(12 Posts)
fhdl34 Tue 12-May-15 20:10:46

I would like to get an exercise DVD to do at home in the evenings and was wondering if anyone could recommend any?
I currently weigh just over 20 stone so would need something a bit more gentle. I got a Fitbit a few weeks back and have increased my walking a lot since then but would like something I can do in the evening for 30 minutes or so that will build some muscle and tone me up.

Pantsalive Wed 13-May-15 00:38:25

Quite a few people on here have Davina's new 7 Minute Fit DVD. It's good as each section is only 7 mins but you can put them together for a longer session.

There's a support thread somewhere in Exercise called something like 'Grab your tuna'.

Pantsalive Wed 13-May-15 00:40:32

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/exercise/2334765-Grab-Your-Tuna

MagpieCursedTea Wed 13-May-15 00:46:36

I did 30 day shred at 18 stone so it is doable, I modified some of the jumping moves but I completed it. It's bloody hard work but I felt great for it.

I also enjoy 10 minute solution DVDs, there's loads of different ones.

Anotheronesoon Wed 13-May-15 01:43:41

Second 30 day shred - but expect to ache!

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 13-May-15 01:47:27

I was going to say 30 day shred too - level 1 is ok (I never progressed beyond it blush) and didn't ache too much because it was like the circuit training I used to do in my younger and much fitter days, so it was just reminding muscles I already had what they should be doing!
I really enjoyed it while I did it but for some reason I've found it really hard to get back to it after having DS2 (and he's 2.7 now blush).

nochurniscream Wed 13-May-15 03:14:27

I hated the shred - not because it was too hard but because you're up and down on and off the floor so much. Fine if you don't mind that, but i didn't like it at all. Was far too large and cumbersome!

Davina better IMHO but exercise DVDs no match for drastic calorie reduction and walking IMHO

fhdl34 Thu 14-May-15 11:36:23

Thanks everyone, may get the davina one. It would be to do in addition to my usual walking routines and weight watchers diet, not instead of.

ginorwine Mon 25-May-15 08:34:59

Good old Rosemary connerly helped me massively ! Within the routine she has three or so other people doing the exercises all at different levels so you just copy the person you are currently closest to eg beginner , intermediate or advanced . So for one move you stay on the floor , jump a bit or a lot . It's great . I can't go beyond intetmediTe as have bad knee and jumping is not good . Good luck .
She is on e bay or Amazon I think .

fhdl34 Mon 25-May-15 08:43:37

Thanks. I had a Rosemary Connelly one years ago and really liked it, I have got one of hers saved in my eBay so may get it.
Out of the two previously suggested I ended up getting the 30 day shred as it was £5 and Davina was £13! Not tried it yet but will do so soon and post how I got on (if it doesn't kill me!)

sparklestar Mon 25-May-15 16:12:07

30 day shred is on YouTube...... Davi a might be too....

sparklestar Mon 25-May-15 16:12:30

Davina lolwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now