Talk

Advanced search

Buggy fit

(5 Posts)
BoeBarlow Mon 11-May-15 20:47:57

Has anyone done buggy fit before? Is it horrendous? hmm

I've not really properly exercised for a year since getting pregnant and I'm now 3 months after giving birth & would like to start getting fit again. I walk a fair amount with the pram but can't afford the gym plus a crèche while on SMP.

Has anyone got any experience with it? I'd basically be starting from scratch fitness-wise so don't want to be out my depth straight away.

TIA

MrsMook Tue 12-May-15 08:36:44

I love it. I started 4 years ago 10 weeks after a CS and SPD. It's great way to ease back into exercise after a baby as it's around the needs of a recovering postnatal body as some exercises like crunches are unsuitable if stomach muscles are still separated.
It's a walk with the pram with other strength exercises mixed in. In our class we use resistance bands, and things like walls/ steps for the exercises. A good instructor will present different levels of intensity and encourage you to do the level that's right for you - it's not a boot camp!

4 years on and I'm still going with my 4 and 2 year olds. They keep growing to add resistance for me! Working p/t, it's an easy way to get another exercise session in, and gets us out each week whatever the weather.

FrancesHaHa Tue 12-May-15 08:46:29

I really enjoyed it- not horrendous at all.
The one I went to was basically some fast walking with the buggy and then stopping to do strength exercises on benches etc. As people got fitter there was some short jogging but the instructor was very careful to pitch it at the right level for different people.
Most of all for me it was good to do something social that wasn't just about having a baby.

Doje Tue 12-May-15 08:58:50

I did it and it was a great way to get out of the house with a newborn.

I started 6 weeks after a C section and it was harder than I thought, but then what's the point of it doesn't push you?!

There's very little pressure too, and the instructor encourages you to take it at your own speed, so you can walk or miss out bits. Or claim your baby needs feeding and sneak away!

BoeBarlow Tue 12-May-15 09:08:24

I love the idea of using feeding baby to sneak off grin

Seriously though, thank you everyone. Sounds like I should just take the plunge and give it a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now