Talk

Advanced search

Help! Advice needed over running injury- and 10k race.

(3 Posts)
herewegoloopyloo Sat 09-May-15 12:22:33

Hi. I guess I am after some advice from any Musculoskeletal physios or those familiar with sports injuries as to what to do next. Having never been a runner, I have been diligently following
10k training plan for 10k charity race in 2 weeks. 9 days ago I went for uneventful 9k run, then met my kids at the park. I (probably foolishly) had my youngest on my shoulders and whilst play running, I stumbled and felt something 'go' top of my leg. By the end of the day the pain meant I couldn't walk properly. It felt like a badly pulled muscle so I wasn't too concerned but 9 days later the pain is no better at all. I am still limping and can't even walk properly never mind run (tried to see if would ease it but managed couldn't even do few steps!). However, I can climb stairs (but not down stairs) and cycle without pain. I've been taking Brufen. I guess my question is, what now? Is there any point seeing my GP? A physio? Do I just have to give it more time? Thank you for your help. Am just so gutted,after all the training!

CMOTDibbler Sat 09-May-15 15:56:16

Go and see a sports physio so they can have a look at it and decide what should or can be done.

herewegoloopyloo Sat 09-May-15 18:24:32

Sounds sensible. I guess just a case of finding a local sports clinic. Thanks for reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now