Talk

Advanced search

Quick question re the the 7 minute workout!

(22 Posts)
CinammonGirl Fri 03-Apr-15 20:24:47

Hi, thinking of downloading a couple of the Davina McCall 7 minute workouts from iTunes as have heard good things about them - can anyone tell me if you should do it every day, or have a rest day in between or do it 6 days a week? Thanks smile

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 20:29:45

I do it 5 days a week. Sometimes just 1 or 2 or more if I've got the gumption.

Doing it since Feb and my body feels unfamiliar to the touch. I was surprised at how effective and fast it is. The ultimate legs I've only done once though... I wuss out grin

Do the warm up always though.

Missanneshirley Fri 03-Apr-15 20:39:12

gamerchick how many do you do if you do it 5 days a week?
I'd been doing warm up, then 3 "bits" then the stretch so it came to just over 1/2 hr - couldn't keep that up 5 days a week but maybe I could if I did less? am I missing the 7 minute point by doing 1/2 hr of it? !

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 20:48:00

It depends. Sometimes I do just one 7 minute.. or I'll do 14 or I'll do the full half hour. For eg sat and Sunday I'll do the half hours and Monday I'll do 7 minutes to get rid of weekend stiffness. Tuesday I have off the workouts and just do the warm up.. Wed and Thurs I'll do 2, Friday off apart from warm up ( the warm up is brill to start the day) and back to Sat and Sun.

Missanneshirley Fri 03-Apr-15 21:09:49

Oh that is a good approach! I've been sort of thinking it's half an hour or nothing, and of course that leads to doing nothing!

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 21:18:03

I'm the same.. sometimes you just can't be arsed to do half an hour and 7 minutes are over before you know it. I would have given up by now I think if I just went whole hog and it's so good for anxiety it's worth keeping up.

I do like what it does for the backside though, I keep admiring it in the mirror grin

CinammonGirl Fri 03-Apr-15 21:35:47

Thanks - it's in sections on iTunes, any recommendations for which sections to try first? And I can't see a warm up section, might that be included in the first section do you think? Just don't want to pay the full £12.99 until I know if I'm going to like it grin

fredabear Fri 03-Apr-15 21:41:28

I do 3-4 5 times a week and love it! I have it on iTunes and the warm up is included in the fat burner session. I like the variety so wouldn't want to have to choose which 2-3 to get though!

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 21:44:17

I don't know but it might be on this thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/exercise/2308877-Bloody-hell-that-7-min-Davina-exercise-DVD the warm up is important though .

There's another thread in addition to this one somewhere. Hopefully someone who's on it will point the way for you.

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 21:45:50

Xpost

CinammonGirl Fri 03-Apr-15 22:01:38

Thanks ladies smile Have downloaded the fat burner section. Might download one more so I have a little variety if there are any recommendations?

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 22:14:50

Box fit is another good one. Does wonders to build up back muscle and trim the waist as well as deal with any muffin top you might have.

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 22:16:34

You'll need.to watch the tutorial for the fat burner. It's easy to do wrong at first and you'll need some sort of weight to lift. The arse muscles do stop aching the more you do it.

Grantaire Fri 03-Apr-15 22:20:33

Box fit's my favourite too.

I work out every day and if I'm doing 7 minute fit as part of my workout, I do at least 5 sections. Other people do a couple of sections 3-4 times a week.

What is important is knowing your body, knowing when to rest a muscle group and building in enough challenge.

Perhaps start off with a combination of two (fat burner and box fit will give you a good cardio workout but bear in mind that fat burner requires a weight iirc, ultimate fat burner is weight free). Aim to do both 3-4 times a week. If you like it, get one of the resistance based ones or the abs and mix it up a bit. If you definitely still like it, get the rest!

Ed, the personal trainer puts combinations up on twitter and facebook and if you ask him for advice, he'll get back to you really, really quickly. He's a lovely chap. Bendy too. You'll see... grin

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 22:25:51

Yes we love our bendy man grin

CinammonGirl Fri 03-Apr-15 22:26:21

Great, thanks - I'll try the box fit one too then! Feeling inspired, wish me luck!

gamerchick Fri 03-Apr-15 22:33:09

You'll like it, especially to start with because when you think you can't take any more the first time it's over. You'll be able to build up quite quickly the more used you get.

Man I even quit the fags because smoking isn't compatible. Good luck.

CinammonGirl Sun 05-Apr-15 09:22:31

Well. Did the 7 minute fat burner this morning. Bloody hard! Really enjoyed it though and it passed really quickly. Will do again tomorrow - if I can walk!

gamerchick Sun 05-Apr-15 09:30:03

You'll get used to it quickly don't worry grin

CinammonGirl Sun 05-Apr-15 21:37:28

I've just downloaded the whole lot! Can already feel how sore I'm going to be tomorrow but will see if I can do two! No pain no gain!

JanB68 Tue 09-Jun-15 20:08:12

Desperately trying to find this thread I'm new to Mumsnet and don't know my way around �� help please x

yumyumpoppycat Fri 12-Jun-15 13:09:56

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/exercise/2334765-Grab-Your-Tuna - you are probably all on there by now but anyway just incase anyone google's it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now