Talk

Advanced search

Strava plus Garmin plus iPhone5

(7 Posts)
MrsSkinnyLegs Tue 10-Feb-15 13:05:39

Does anyone know what bits I need if I want to turn my Garmin into a heart rate monitor and then sync the results to Strava. I can't work it out!

Thank you.

PollyPooic Tue 10-Feb-15 14:26:13

what kind of garmin? do you have the heart rate strap?

PollyPooic Tue 10-Feb-15 14:31:45

in strava you can authorise garmin connect/garmin express to automatically share new activities with strava - I think if you go to 'upload activity' there are options

I don't know about the iphone though, I have one but don't use it for this sort of thing

MrsSkinnyLegs Tue 10-Feb-15 16:37:24

Thanks Polly. Yes, i have the heart rate monitor. As i understand it, i need an Ant+ adapter which plugs into an iphone. The bit that is less clear is whether i also need a secndary adaptor because the Ant+ bit is not compatible with the iphone5.

Suzannewithaplan Tue 10-Feb-15 17:04:04

MrsS, is your garmin one that can pick up a heart rate monitor?
If it is then it should detect the heart rate monitor?
(Mine does, and I have the FR210)

If the garmin is not compatible with the HRM then you can presumably get an ipone app which will pick up the heart rate monitor.

I think HRM's broadcast data via bluetooth and Ant (whatever the hell Ant is confused)

It might be worth searching for info on the DC rainmaker blog www.dcrainmaker.com/

MrsSkinnyLegs Tue 10-Feb-15 18:13:57

SwaP, thanks for the advice, will do.

CMOTDibbler Tue 10-Feb-15 20:45:36

Dhs Garmin connects via bluetooth to his (android) phone. The HRM is connected to the Garmin, so it just transfers at the end. You need to download the Garmin app to make your phone talk to the Garmin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: