Advanced search

Does anyone use the garden trampoline for exercise?

(11 Posts)
Wiifitmama Fri 06-Feb-15 19:34:44

I read that ten minutes on a trampoline was as good as a half hour run. I can't run anymore due to a knee injury so I tried it today. I did feel a little silly, but the jumping was quite exhilarating. I Definitely got out of breath (but I am not very fit at the moment!).

Just wondered if anyone else had tried it. Any tips? Any thoughts?

Wiifitmama Fri 06-Feb-15 20:42:11

Only me then? blush

vinegarandbrownpaper Fri 06-Feb-15 20:48:42

Its a good idea, but garden trampolines are only supposed to be used for a month before being left to nature, moss and uv damage to make that hanging apocalypse roof look.

vinegarandbrownpaper Fri 06-Feb-15 20:52:26

Seriously though sounds fun and it is good exercise.. and in this weather I would imagine very exhilarating! If its fun, motivates you and gets you moving its all ++++ I think there is a whole trampoline workout online somewhere too..

GoofyIsACow Fri 06-Feb-15 20:53:47

I did... Until it blew away and broke sad

Crocodileclip Fri 06-Feb-15 20:55:07

Interested in this but is trampolining not just as hard on the knees as jogging?

Liondemer Fri 06-Feb-15 20:56:02

I don't know but it sounds a lot of fun and I would continue. Enjoy the bouncing!

Pantone363 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:56:05

Not after 3 kids blush

Lyinginwait888 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:57:55

As long as you've had a wee first!

Very liberating.

Wiifitmama Fri 06-Feb-15 21:41:29

It is 70% gentler on the knees. The trampoline takes all the impact. My physio ok'd it ages ago but I never got round to doing it.

Yes, definitely to the weeping first! My pelvic floor is not too bad despite three kids as all we're csections, but I could certainly feel that it could be a problem for some!

All I did today was straight up and down jumping but I could see how doing things like lifting your knees up and stuff would make it much more of a workout.

Wiifitmama Sun 08-Feb-15 17:03:06

Well just to report - I have done this three days in a row now and can say it is very hard work! I am out of breathe and shattered after ten minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now