Advanced search

Prescription swimming googles for children (and adults)

(8 Posts)
WhenDoISleep Thu 05-Feb-15 09:55:47

Has anybody bought prescription swimming goggles for a child? I'd like to get some for DS and would like a recommendation of any brands people have experience of and where I can buy them.

Also, I'm intending to buy some for myself as well - any recommendations?

PurpleDaisies Thu 05-Feb-15 18:30:59

Specsavers! Got mine last year for £25 and they have changed my life. No idea if they do kids ones but the adult ones are fab. I'm really really shortsighted with astigmatism. They only correct the distance not the astigmatism but they mean I can see the clock, my locker number without head butting it and which changing rooms are which (yes I have been in the men's by mistake!). Anti fog coating is good too. Highly recommended.

CMOTDibbler Thu 05-Feb-15 18:34:02

I got mine from here - the Aqua Sphere eagles to be precise. Really good service and I'm delighted with them

Stuffofawesome Thu 05-Feb-15 18:37:10 got ours here. Were happy with them

Medoc Thu 05-Feb-15 20:56:38

Same as CMOT, we got the Gator goggles, as DS has an extremely high prescription. The goggles don't actually go high enough, but it was better than being without them.

WhenDoISleep Thu 05-Feb-15 22:17:41

Thanks everyone - I shall have a look at the recommended goggles & sites.

igivein Fri 06-Feb-15 13:06:08

I saw this thread last night and thought I'd order some for myself, but I couldn't find my prescription.
Went into Tesco's opticians this morning to get my prescription and came out with prescription swimming goggles for £9! Now that's a result I thought was worth sharing!

ANewMein2015 Fri 06-Feb-15 13:07:28

I got mine from specsavers - bit more expensive as I'm super blind but they're good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now