Advanced search

gym clothes help

(9 Posts)
Jcee Wed 28-Jan-15 22:20:32

I've just started doing some classes at the gym and am having terrible trouble with my trousers, which rather classily keep sliding down my arse.

They are some m&s Capri style ones, fit very well - they feel a bit snug round my waist - but once we get going, they start sliding and I'm hitching them up constantly.

I thought initially it was my knickers as I was wearing a pair of satiny material ones, so tonight wore the big cotton pants, but exactly the same result.

No-one else seems to have this problem - what am i doing wrong? Or recommendations of stay up gym kit?

ClartyYakker Wed 28-Jan-15 22:31:37

HTH grin

Jcee Wed 28-Jan-15 22:33:11

grin i think that's a bit too much of a retro look for me!

Galvanized Wed 28-Jan-15 22:39:49

You need a pair with a drawstring tie at the waist. I had a capri pair from Sweaty Betty I loved. Also helps to tuck in a layer underneath to add friction (I weear a vest under with a loose T-shirt over). I found I only had this problem once I started losing weight so well done!

goodasitgets Thu 29-Jan-15 19:44:57

Yes to drawstring. I wear nike relay crops smile

familygermsareok Thu 29-Jan-15 22:20:36

Yes, drawstring at waist. I have some Nike ones from DS sports which are great and not too pricey.

ishouldcocoa Thu 29-Jan-15 22:24:02

I've added a draw string to my UnderArmour ones. Just threaded it through round the waist and made a small hole at the front.

They don't need a massive amount of hoiking, just enough to prevent slippage!

yumyumpoppycat Fri 30-Jan-15 10:08:38

look a bit crap but leggings never fall down

Jcee Fri 30-Jan-15 18:54:24

Sounds like drawstring are the way to go...thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now