Talk

Advanced search

Cross training shoes for weight lifting and circuits recommendations needed!

(11 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 28-Jan-15 17:19:48

I do mainly weights but also circuits/ plyometrics. What shoe would be best? TA.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 28-Jan-15 18:32:45

Bump?

brainwashed Thu 29-Jan-15 20:56:50

I do crossfit and wear Reebok nanos for that, very low drop and flexible so good for weights and high intensity circuit stuff. My nanos will be taking an enforced break though as I broke my arm at crossfit this morning!!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 29-Jan-15 23:20:20

What?! Sorry to hear that and sorry that I'm grin! What were you doing exactly?

brainwashed Fri 30-Jan-15 09:46:38

I fell off a pull up bar at a height of 7ft onto concrete shock

strongandlong Fri 30-Jan-15 09:54:44

Ouch brainwashed, that sounds sore sad

My friend bought these yesterday - bargain, but they only make women's shoes up to size 7.5 angry

I use adidas power perfects for lifting, but you can't do anything else in them - they're too rigid and stable. They are awesome for oly lifts/squats/ohps though.

AggressiveBunting Fri 30-Jan-15 11:32:31

Strong can you do overhead squats/ snatches? I just don't have the mobility for it- it's really frustrating. I also need to use heel elevation for squats blush

strongandlong Fri 30-Jan-15 11:39:36

I can now, but it took a long time to get the mobility.

It was an interesting process. As one area gains mobility, you realise that there's tightness somewhere else that's limiting your movement. It started from my hips downwards (Hips/glutes/hamstrings/calves/ankles) plus thoracic spine (v. important for anything overhead - otherwise you'll compensate with your shoulders and get hurt).

Practice plus foam rolling is what's worked for me.

The good thing about lifting shoes is they include a bit of heel elevation - definitely helps with depth.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 30-Jan-15 11:40:39

Vivobarefoot?

strongandlong Fri 30-Jan-15 11:40:59

Front squats/goblet squats are really good for mobility work, because you have to stay upright. Can't compensate for poor mobility by folding forwards.

AggressiveBunting Fri 30-Jan-15 11:44:43

Thanks- maybe explains why goblet squats are my bete noire.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: