Talk

Advanced search

Good trainers/ shoes for novice

(7 Posts)
UnleashTheBaby Tue 20-Jan-15 14:54:56

I'm a total couch potato but am on day 2 of the shred. Loving the workout, but my 20 year old Nikes have literally just fallen apart and gone straight in the bin with their soles hanging off!

Any recommendations? They're only going to be for indoors workouts, I don't want to spend a fortune, and being pitifully shallow, I'd really like them to be attractive. I suspect trainers may have moved on in 20 years smile

UnleashTheBaby Wed 21-Jan-15 10:35:54

Anyone? Or are you all out exercising? grin

I can hardly walk today anyway, let alone exercise

BlueChampagne Wed 21-Jan-15 13:14:57

Asics? Available in most High Street sports shops.

songbird Wed 21-Jan-15 13:17:42

Have a look on the Sports shoes or Sports Direct websites. Bargains galore.

Lazymummy2014 Wed 21-Jan-15 13:21:09

Go to a running gear shop (up and running have a fair few branches I think) and get them to put you on the treadmill - don't worry you only have to jog for a few seconds! They can see how your foot falls and get you in a trainer that gives you the right support. I did it last week (am starting the couch to 5k thing as soon as it stops snowing!) and I can't believe the difference between my new shoes (asics) and the ones I used to have. Also if you tell them you are on a budget they can discount so the price on the ticket isn't necessarily what you'll have to pay.

UnleashTheBaby Wed 21-Jan-15 13:27:15

Lovely thank you everyone!

zinnia Sun 08-Feb-15 11:18:38

Am about to do exactly what LazyMummy suggests, but was wondering roughly what I should be paying for my first pair of proper running shoes? I want to get a decent pair that's right for me, but money's a bit tight atm and I slightly baulk at paying north of £100. Do I need to?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: