Talk

Advanced search

gym induction, really nervous!

(7 Posts)
msb123 Sat 10-Jan-15 07:07:09

As the title says really, have finally plucked up the courage to join the gym and have my induction tomorrow. I am very unfit and overweight with shocking coordination so not exactly an athletic goddess!

Any advice on what is likely to happen, what to take etc? will they have lockers etc do you think to put my car keys in? sound trivial i know but its not until tomorrow and i'm stressing about it already!! Thanks in advance

ooerrmissus Sat 10-Jan-15 07:21:36

Well done on signing up! That's the hard bit!

They will have lockers. Take a pound coin in case they are the ones you need to put a coin in to lock. And a bottle of water and an old towel are good. Wear comfy clothes and trainers. And a sports bra if you have one.

The staff will usually show you round the equipment, make sure you know how to use it safely, that kind of thing. Depending on your gym they may put together a training plan for you, ask what you want to achieve, and so on.

And don't panic! I'm a gym bunny and there are all sorts of people there, all levels of fitness and all shapes and sizes. No one cares. We all started once. The hardest bit is getting through the door the first time.

annabanana19 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:07:31

As above poster said. Dont worry. My gym had a mixed bag too. Old, young, slow, fast and all shapes and sizes. No one bats an eyelid.

Well done and enjoy!

msb123 Sun 11-Jan-15 21:34:12

thanks for the advice. The introduction went well the guy doing it was lovely and I've tried out all the machines. Going back later in the week to sort out my program with him. Definatley not all that scary, (apart from one machine where you had to make your legs move in different directions, did not like that!!). Actually quite looking forward to it now!

ooerrmissus Mon 12-Jan-15 21:59:05

Glad to hear it went well got you. I think I know the machine you mean- I've successfully avoided it for years!

ge0101 Tue 13-Jan-15 08:39:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ge0101 Tue 13-Jan-15 08:40:04

Whoops definitely meant exercise not exorcism haha!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: