Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got one of those weighted hula hoops? Waist/rib pain problem...

(7 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 08-Jan-15 13:16:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ruby1234 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:19:09

Yes. Just do it every other day for a bit until you get used to it. Don't forget to do both clockwise and anti clockwise!

GobblersKnob Thu 08-Jan-15 13:29:12

Generally the rule is no more than 10 minutes a time for a weighted hoop, especially not at the beginning.

You actually get exactly the same level of calorie burn and just as good (if not better as you can move far more and faster) cardio workout with a lightweight dance hoop ie one like this.

I had a weighted knobbly hoop when I first started hooping four years ago, but quickly ditched it for a dance one, you cant do tricks with a weighted hoop wink, I now have five, all different weights and sizes grin.

Hooplovers on youtube is great smile

Jucymyname Thu 08-Jan-15 13:30:07

Bruising will come, it's normal, just persevere. Good luck!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 08-Jan-15 13:40:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GooodMythicalMorning Thu 08-Jan-15 13:44:10

I do 30-40 mins but I've been hula hooping for a year so am used to it. Do only a little bit til it doesnt hurt. Its because you aren't used to using those muscles.

GobblersKnob Thu 08-Jan-15 14:06:16

You would be much better with a lighter hoop, the weighted knobbly ones just seem like such an odd concept when you use a proper one.

They don't come apart but you can get travel ones that fold like this.

Using a dance hoop you can exercise so much more than your abs and it is a much better all round workout, when people talk about the huge calorie burn you can get from hooping, they are talking about whole body dance hooping and really getting your body moving, spinning a very heavy hoop round your waist has a very low burn and only works a limited set of muscles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now