Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a fitbit synced to mfp?

(10 Posts)
Glomerulus Wed 07-Jan-15 16:54:47

If so I have a question! I've been using mfp for a few years now and recently got a fitbit. When I set it up and synced the app to mfp it said to keep logging my food diary and exercise through mfp - fair enough, I've read that fitbit struggles with certain exercise, such as cycling, etc.

So do I keep wearing the fitbit while exercising? I did a spin class earlier this week and I feel like it's double counting iykwim - surely it picks up on all the jiggling about?! confused

Any advice appreciated!

hedwig2001 Wed 07-Jan-15 17:19:21

I got a fitbit one for Christmas.
You log the times of exercise on the fitbit app/website. It then knows to ignore the steps etc during that time.

Glomerulus Wed 07-Jan-15 19:13:12

Thanks hedwig - I must be doing something wrong as I just went for a run, logged my start and finish times on mfp and my steps have jumped up on fitbit - even though it's recognised that I was running at the time!

Maybe I'm overthinking this...

letsplaynice Thu 08-Jan-15 22:27:43

I think if you're running it puts those steps in it did when I manually added a walk.

I'm totally confused cos ive got it on the tough program and its telling me I'm burning 2800 calories a day and I can eat 1800, surely that can't be right I won't loose anything!!

Glomerulus Fri 09-Jan-15 21:01:51

I'm with you letsplay, I'm finding it all very confusing! Not sure what weight/height you are but 1800 calls isn't going to lead to any significant weight loss. To be honest, I'm not sure fitbit is adding a whole lot on top of mfp, but I'll stick with it for now!

HappenstanceMarmite Sun 11-Jan-15 11:53:10

I got a Fitbit Charge a couple of days ago. About to go to the gym but I WANT it to count my steps on the treadmill so it looks good on my stats But I don't understand why I should turn it off at this point...or should I?

Glomerulus Sun 11-Jan-15 12:54:41

Leave it on and it will count your steps... It's just if you're using another tracker (e.g. My fitness pal) that you don't want it double-counting.

HappenstanceMarmite Sun 11-Jan-15 16:02:25

Oh I see. Thanks for that.

Racmactac Sun 11-Jan-15 19:28:46

Anybody want to be my Fitbit friend??

letsplaynice Sun 11-Jan-15 20:01:15

Glomerulus - I know with the same targets mfp is telling me to stick to 1,100 cals per day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now