Talk

Advanced search

what trainers ??

(5 Posts)
Funkytown Sun 04-Jan-15 21:38:58

ok so i am thinking of starting to do some fast paced walking a few times a week just around the park with my little one i no its not great exercise but i don't do anything at the moment.
so what type of trainers does everyone recommend ? i haven't worn trainers since i was a teen so all the different styles baffle me slightly.

and do you by any chance know how many times a week and for how long a time i should do this i have about a stone and a half to lose
tia

HolgerDanske Mon 05-Jan-15 10:12:58

For walking a running shoe is best. Go for one of the newer style shoes so not a traditional running shoe with a very thick, dense heel. Instead, look for shoes that sit a bit flatter and closer to the ground - your foot will be in a more natural position that way. Depending on budget, Nike free runs are good but expensive. Skechers go walks or go trains are good too. Adidas, Nike, Skechers are good for running shoes, puma and reebok usually have quite affordable training shoes if running shoes are out of your budget.

How many times - 3 is good, 5 is much better. Length of time - 30 to 40 min. Intensity is most important - you need to get your heart rate up.

HolgerDanske Mon 05-Jan-15 10:25:54

Oops meant to sat running shoe is best, training shoe next best (IMO)

Funkytown Mon 05-Jan-15 10:48:41

thank you ill have a look into some nike free runs now
I've been doing the 30day squat and crunch challenge as well so hopefully it pays off

HolgerDanske Mon 05-Jan-15 10:54:38

They're very good. I'm on my feet all day (work in a sports shop) and I wear Nike free runs. Bear in mind different models fit and feel slightly differently so make sure you try on as many different ones as possible.

They are good for training as well, as you're not tipped forward so much like with old school running shoes, so you'll be able to do your squats and such more naturally (unless you do those barefoot)

It'll start to pay off soon :-)

If you're looking to improve your fitness and tone up even further, invest in a kettlebell (4kg to start with) - they're great for exercising at home and you can pick up a DVD or look up exercises online smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now