Talk

Advanced search

Colchester Castle Park R4L 5k

(1 Post)
suddenlysix Sun 04-Jan-15 21:30:41

Hi,

First post in this section - didn't even know it was here so quite excited! I've been to the gym on and off for years but I have only discovered running since I rejoined in September. I decided to set myself the goal of running for 10 mins solid and since then I haven't looked back. In fact I think I'm a bit addicted to it now. Anyway, my latest goal is to run a 5k race so I have just signed up today for the Race for Life in my town, Colchester, in July. I know its a bit of a long shot but have any of you lovely ladies run this race? What I really need to know is the lay out of the course as I feel I need to give it a few practice runs before the actual day. So far I can easily run a 3k on the treadmill. My goal this week is to run to 3k, walk to 4 then run the last 1k. Next week I will be aiming to run the whole way to 5k. I'm sure I'll get a lot of practice at that before July but I want to be able to run the actual course which I'm guessing involves some hills, knowing the lay out of the park.

I hope my running attempts don't sound too pathetic. Just a couple of months ago I struggled to run for 90 seconds without collapsing so I feel incredibly proud to look like one of those "actual fit people" at the gym now (even if I do feel like I'm just pretending!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now