Advanced search

New Year, new Jillian - the January Shred thread is here!

(502 Posts)
ImogenQuy Thu 01-Jan-15 08:27:01

Happy New Year, everyone. If you've got a New Year resolution to do more exercise and think crazy Jillian may be the answer, come and sign in here for moral support, chat and a chance to moan.

Ripped in 30 L1 D2 done. Still hate cardio, but it felt like a good start to the year.

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 01-Jan-15 10:12:28

Place marking in anticipation of being able to resume soon!

Happy New Year, Shredders! grin

Mooogles Thu 01-Jan-15 13:34:05

Planning on starting day 1 of the shred tomorrow. Started it in December and got to say 12 before giving in to the Christmas parties etc..

ZingTheGreat Thu 01-Jan-15 13:36:01

marking place and Happy New Year to all!

youbethemummylion Thu 01-Jan-15 13:38:22

Just bought the DVD today and will do my first session tonight.

Apophenia Thu 01-Jan-15 13:53:52

Ooh, can I join you? Did shred years ago so might dig it out again. All hers are on YouTube anyway aren't they? Might mix it up and do bits of all of them.

youbethemummylion Thu 01-Jan-15 15:40:15

Got over excited and did my first level 1 session just now. I did not realise how unfit I was, so to fit it in the 30 days do I do 10 days at each level?

jemma2609 Thu 01-Jan-15 15:43:33

I'm doing ripped in 30 and am on week 3 but having to take it slowly as each session kills my legs for at least two days!

Bimblepops Thu 01-Jan-15 15:45:06

Happy new year, everyone!

I've got to re-start my Jillian obsession regime. Not sure whether to start with Shred or Ripped...haven't done either in months. Any recommendations?

Have an ongoing problem with left sacro-iliac joint, but exercise seems to loosen it up, so should be fine as long as I take it easy.

Think I may have missed my chance to do it today, but will get up and do it tomorrow morning.

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 01-Jan-15 15:47:06

Yes, mummylion - 10 days at each level. I'm going to put here that the last one I did was L2D5 of 30DS as I rely on this thread to keep track of where I'm up to. I've had almost two weeks off so may need a few more than 10 days at L2 to make up for lost time.

ImogenQuy Thu 01-Jan-15 15:59:28

Welcome, everyone!

Bimblepops, are there particular moves you have to avoid? I think I'd probably go for Ripped rather than Shred on balance: it's more evil (much more evil, particularly L2) but I think it makes more of a difference.

Elphaba, are we Shredders or Shreddies? I think Shreddies on the basis that we're being shredded, but you could argue it either way grin!

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 01-Jan-15 16:28:33

Wouldn't that be 'Shredees' so as not to be confused with the breakfast cereal? grin

ZingTheGreat Thu 01-Jan-15 16:41:02

I vote Shreddes Elphaba wink

ZingTheGreat Thu 01-Jan-15 16:41:58

*Shredees i meant

although i can see potentially autocorrect problems already

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 01-Jan-15 21:18:08

Shreddes sounds all classy and forrin though grin

Pixa Thu 01-Jan-15 21:19:45

I am in! Will be starting tomorrow. Today has been a bit more unhealthy than planned!

369thegoosedrankwine Thu 01-Jan-15 21:49:22

I'm in. I need to do this. I am starting this year feeling fat and wobbly. Doing first one tomorrow.

Tangfasticlady Thu 01-Jan-15 22:05:32

Count me in. Will start in the morning. It's my 40th in 5 weeks, so a good incentive to tone up.

emmief77 Thu 01-Jan-15 22:41:41

count me in...

Imogen I like the sound of Ripped .... Evil grin grin think i will give it a go

pumpkinpie5 Thu 01-Jan-15 22:48:40

Im in! I have the 30 day shred DVD so will be starting it saturday and then daily if my legs aren't too much like jelly!

Need to get motivated so will record progress here x

ImogenQuy Fri 02-Jan-15 07:55:52

Great to see so many people joining the thread! pumpkinpie5, I find being on here really motivates me to keep going when I'd really rather stay in bed in the morning.

emmie, I'm doing Ripped (alternating with Yoga Meltdown) so it would be great to have some fellow-sufferers on here.

Yoga Meltdown L2 D2 done. Ouch. It's growing on me (and really helped stretch out my sore shoulders after a day decorating yesterday) but I'm so inflexible it's unreal.

Mooogles Fri 02-Jan-15 07:56:04

Just completed day 1 level 1 30 day shred. Was sweating buckets... Seriously unfit.

Have never tried Ripped. Is that available on YouTube as well?

ImogenQuy Fri 02-Jan-15 07:59:39

Yep, Ripped is available on YouTube (all four levels, I think).

I like Shreddes - sounds Spanish and elegant. But I also quite like the breakfast cereal spelling.

emmief77 Fri 02-Jan-15 08:20:13

Imogen you have yourself a Ripped buddy.. smile going out with the DC today so will start getting Ripped this evening grin grin and will report back later

Jacksterbear Fri 02-Jan-15 08:36:24

Checking in!

Well done to all of you who managed to make a start yesterday! Was feeling far too rough myself, but will get onto it today. Think I'll also do some Ripped this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now