Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of taking up running but.....

(4 Posts)
ktef Fri 21-Nov-14 13:55:52

I have always thought that running was not for me as I felt too heavy, unfit and err large breasted. Everything wobbles too much. I am now a bit fitter than I used to be and thinking of taking up running. Any good sports bra recommendations? Is running a good idea if one is on the larger side? Tia for any advice.

CMOTDibbler Fri 21-Nov-14 14:00:14

If you are large of nork, then the Enell bras are supposed to be great.

Do the Couch to 5K plan, and your body will get slowly used to running. My colleague is a size 18, a 38JJ, and has run the London marathon, so size and boobs are no barrier

donkir Fri 21-Nov-14 14:10:07

I'd definitely start with the couch to 5k podcast it's great. Also go to a proper running shop for some running trainers. They will cost you a bit but are worth there weight in gold. I ran in so called running shoes that I got from sorts direct and ended up with shin splints and bad feet which meant a rest from running and now have to wear insoles in all shoes.

holmessweetholmes Fri 21-Nov-14 14:17:51

Go for it! I was large and unfit when I started running, and am still pretty large in the boob department. I'd recommend Shock Absorber bras. Couch to 5k is supposed to be good but I didn't know about it when I started. I just did walk for one min, run for one min etc and gradually increased the running bits! It does feel like it's going to kill you at first grin. But it's worth it! I couldn't imagine not doing it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now