Talk

Advanced search

Track Cycling Taster Sessions at Velodrome

(6 Posts)
574ejones Tue 11-Nov-14 11:51:56

I am looking to purchase a taster session for my DH as part of his Christmas present, possibly either at London or Manchester velodrome. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this and would they recommend it, or are there other venues in the UK (we live in South west) that offer this. Thanks.

Pipkinhartley Thu 13-Nov-14 21:41:15

Great present for a keen cyclist, can't offer an opinion as yet to do this myself but will be doing so when Derby Velo opens next year - January I think? May be worth seeing what you can find out from them as may be a reasonable location to get through from the South West. Also if you and your DH make a few days of it, you could stay in the Peak District, beautiful area and amazing cycling routes.

574ejones Fri 14-Nov-14 06:26:56

Ok, will check that out. Thank you so much for responding!

bearleftmonkeyright Fri 14-Nov-14 06:42:12

The Derby velo is very exciting. Wiggo is training for the hour record and is hoping to achieve it their next year. It sounds a brilliant present.

andadietcoke Fri 14-Nov-14 07:07:41

DH was given vouchers for his birthday in April for the manchester velodrome and hasn't used them yet. As far as I remember, once you've done the taster session you can do a top up one afterwards.

574ejones Fri 14-Nov-14 19:08:33

Great, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now