Talk

Advanced search

What now?

(3 Posts)
Cherryblossomsmile Mon 10-Nov-14 14:10:34

Since completing my first half a month ago feel really flat. I was so focused on training for it for the past 5 months now I feel cast adrift. Has anyone else had this?

I'm still running 3 x a week and have 10k race in a couple of weeks but can't do another half until next summer as I have other commitments until then.

How can I keep myself ticking over? I did 4 miles this morning and 6 months ago would be very happy but now I feel it's not enough.

What do you think I could do to set new targets?

Mitchy1nge Mon 10-Nov-14 14:28:21

maintaining your fitness is a good goal in itself, could you take up something new once or twice a week that would support your running but challenge you in different ways? Cycling? Swimming? Yoga? Weights?

or do more interesting and challenging running if you are in a rut, are you a club member? they usually have sessions of stuff that is hard to be bothered to do if you always run alone - intervals and fartlek and threshold runs and stuff - it wouldn't add to your weekly volume of training but could help make you faster

Cherryblossomsmile Mon 10-Nov-14 16:06:34

Thanks mitchy. I'm not in a club as they meet evenings and I can only run early mornings but you're right about more interesting or challenging running I think. maybe I need to get a plan or training programme in place.

I'm going to look online for a 10k one I think and work on improving my speed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now