Talk

Advanced search

After 6 weeks dragging my foot around I'm just about pain free but how do I start running again

(6 Posts)
jellyhead Tue 04-Nov-14 16:23:25

I was running 5k every other day but damaged the tendons in my foot.
Was off work for 3 weeks and barely able to walk but now so much better and feels ok.
Have walked the dog 3-4 miles the last 2 weeks mainly pain free (few twinges)
I so want to run again but I'm scared I will I injure myself.
Have had gait analysis and got the new trainers . Would so appreciate words of advice and wisdom

Mitchy1nge Wed 05-Nov-14 09:31:07

you could try run/walk intervals? I did a Galloway plan, it was 4 minutes of running and 1 of walking but if you are particularly anxious you could do 2 or 3 minutes of running - either for 30 minutes at a time or for the distance you want to cover? when you're happy with that for a while you could introduce the odd continuous run?

I don't remember making the transition, I just got sick of the intervals

jellyhead Wed 05-Nov-14 09:41:03

That's a good link .Thank you.
I can't face the couch to 5k again as so proud of myself for completing it it would be hard to go back to it.
A different regime of intervals appeals to me !

Mitchy1nge Wed 05-Nov-14 10:42:30

hope it's helpful, it worked for me and am back to running normal weekly mileage although same symptoms have returned but that's another thread

jellyhead Wed 05-Nov-14 11:42:21

I've put the app on my phone. I like that you can set your intervals.
Just need the courage to start !

Suzannewithaplan Wed 05-Nov-14 12:01:07

I use intervals if injuries are playing up,but I don't stick to specific intervals, I just go by how it feels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now