Talk

Advanced search

I have 30 mins. Do I attempt to shred or attempt to run?

(14 Posts)
Sparkky Tue 04-Nov-14 07:01:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparkky Tue 04-Nov-14 07:04:54

RudyMentary Tue 04-Nov-14 07:06:04

Pippioddstocking Tue 04-Nov-14 07:08:40

If your doing it to loose weight then anything involving high intensity intervals is your friend . A simple gentle jog for 30 minutes won't do it but a five min warm up following by run as fast as you can for 2 minutes with a two minute jog and repeat with a five min cool down at the end would. On the other hand shred will do some good toning but may not be as efficient at weight loss.
Good luck x

guineapig1 Tue 04-Nov-14 07:08:58

Running is great but if you are pressed for time shred is even better I find. What I like is that you can do it any time of the day, so fits around child are, work etc without having to concern yourself with weather/ dark mornings/nights etc. I list a stone fairly quickly on shred whilst being carefull-ish with what I ate but not militant if you see what I mean. Probably took less than 6weeks. Then fell off the wagon and got pregnant. Must get back to it sometime...!

MajesticWhine Tue 04-Nov-14 07:09:50

Run for 20 mins. Do some free weights and push ups when you get home.

Zamboni Tue 04-Nov-14 07:18:20

I keep seeing the shred behind mentioned - is it a particular type of exercise? How do you do it - is there a DVD to follow or something? Sorry fur the hijack OP.

Sparkky Tue 04-Nov-14 10:01:17

Sparkky Tue 04-Nov-14 12:45:42

Mutley77 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:06:42

I think watching what you eat is more relevant to losing weight. However as much exercise as possible is also a good idea, so either run or shred every day but stick to 1200 calories per day if you can - My Fitness Pal is a great app for monitoring your intake.

ItsGotBellsOn Tue 04-Nov-14 13:13:47

Shredding gives great results if you stick at it.

I have fallen off the wagon over the summer, and have resolved to start the shred again this weekend.

I did it for 6 months last year and it lost a stone. But weight loss wasnt my goal, really, it was toning up the wobble - and my GOD did it work. It took about 6 weeks for me to start to see a difference in my arms and tum, longer for legs and bum, but it dramatically changed my shape after about 12 weeks. Nipped me in at the waist, firmed up my thighs and arse and I had a flattish tum for the first time in 10 years.

I find running extremely hard to keep up in the winter months, although have friends who swear by the adrenalin rush of it for better overall health and mental health.

RudyMentary Thu 06-Nov-14 09:17:30

Sparkky Fri 07-Nov-14 11:57:22

Purplerunner Mon 10-Nov-14 14:11:25

Sparkky, people aren't looking and judging, they are too busy getting on with their own lives. Or, if they are a saddo like me, they are looking wistfully out of the car window wishing they were out running right now.

If your ears get cold, a buff is brilliant. Keeps them cosy without overheating. I got a couple in Lidl last year for £2 each and they have been fab.

Shred is good as well, but I found it made my legs so sore, I couldn't run!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now