Talk

Advanced search

Cycling top for my Dad, help!

(11 Posts)
Dizzywhore Mon 14-Apr-14 23:03:36

I want to get my Dad a new cycling top. I have no idea what's good! His in his 50s, very sporty and healthy. Can spend about £60. Any ideas. Thanks!

FrontForward Mon 14-Apr-14 23:10:09

Cycling tops tend to come up small so buy a size bigger than normal

I'd choose a Monaco (short sleeved t-shirt style) as summer is coming. Does he like team names e.g. Sky or would he prefer a character top.

Does he wear bright colours? (I think cyclists should)

have a look here for ideas

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 14-Apr-14 23:24:00

Tank top grin

Dizzywhore Tue 15-Apr-14 08:14:45

Bright colour is a good idea. No character tops he would hate that! He wears good brands so something with a brand name would be ok. Thanks for the link I'll have a look z

5ofus Tue 15-Apr-14 08:44:33

Just not a team top. The other cyclists will point and whisper sad

ivykaty44 Wed 16-Apr-14 13:36:26

Don't get yellow, it is not a good colour to cycle in as it turns black

Stick to other colours

ivykaty44 Wed 16-Apr-14 13:38:51

Wiggle are really good as my dd didn't like some stuff I got her and I popped it in the bag they sent with the order took to a local shop and got reveit and wiggle refunded me no quible.

Added to which they are a good price

I like the Marmite top and they are now doing a ketchup top

contortionist Wed 16-Apr-14 13:44:53

This is a great cycling jersey. Lots of otter good ones on the same website.

Clure Thu 17-Apr-14 18:23:37

I really rate Gore cycle gear here

flopsybunny45 Thu 17-Apr-14 18:27:31

My hubby loves his funky foksa (I think) ones… he has Heinz and Marmite… I want to get him the new London map one as he's a geog teacher! He has always found them very comfortable.

annass81 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:40:02

I bought one of these for a Father's day present for my old man from Salt Dog Cycling. www.saltdogcycling.com/mens-cycling-jerseys/ The Alpe d'Huez one looks really good and he loves it! :-) They do a few other designs from famous cycling mountains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now