Talk

Advanced search

tomorrow i will get up at 6am and go for a run

(18 Posts)
catstolemypants Tue 11-Mar-14 14:56:58

If i say it out loud it will have to happen grin i used to run and i loved it i start ed again at the beginning of the year and did quite well until my business took off (this is of course great) but now im so busy and i miss the release of exercise i have to get up at 6.30 as it is in order to be ready for school run and work so im going to get up at 5.45 and aim to run at 6am for 30mins mon to friday. Wish me luck smile and anyone who wishes to join me (virtually) is more than welcome, Im heading my lifestyle change with the saying it doesnt have to be a new year it doesn't even have to be a monday the new me starts today (or tomorrow but you get the drift)

dyslexicdespot Tue 11-Mar-14 15:07:21

Good luck! I run in the morning about 5-6 days a week. It's easy once it becomes part of your routine. My advice would be to have all of your running gear laid out, and your route planned the night before.

I will check back for an update!

catstolemypants Tue 11-Mar-14 16:04:12

haha now I have to do it! yes I know the route my garmin is charging and my kit is out, feeling positive

catstolemypants Tue 11-Mar-14 16:07:32

how early do you run out of interest? Im really hoping it will just become routine excersising in the morning is not my best time but it is now my only time

dyslexicdespot Tue 11-Mar-14 16:18:22

It depends, I try to get out of the house by about 7:30. I run about 4K with a 5 min warm up and cool down. The entire process usually takes about 30min, so if I dress and eat quickly I can be ready to leave for work by 8:30-8:45.

It will become a routine, give it a week or two. I used to have to fight myself to get out of the house in the morning and now I look forward to the run in the evening!

dyslexicdespot Tue 11-Mar-14 16:19:08

Forgot to add that I try and do one long run a week, but I am not always able to.

EauRouge Tue 11-Mar-14 17:11:10

I need to start early running again now that DH has started his new job. Not tomorrow though because I'm still off with an injury.

dyslexicdespot Tue 11-Mar-14 18:41:07

How did you injure yourself EauRouge. I hope it's nothing serious!

EauRouge Tue 11-Mar-14 19:06:07

Dodgy toenail after a half marathon a week ago so nothing serious. Am wondering if I should risk it, it's been over a week and I'm dying to go running again.

Joules68 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:09:17

Is there such a thing as toenail protectors?

Mine dropped off ( nail not toe) after last years shenanigans up mountains! Now it's slowly growing back but is uncomfortable when I run.

Joules68 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:10:38

I would get up and run early but it's not a great running route here and I wouldn't have time to drive out somewhere first. I might have to start doing this tho. Just to get some running in!

dyslexicdespot Tue 11-Mar-14 19:11:56

Well, if you have to get injured, doing it during a half marathon is the way to go! Congratulations, I have yet to build up the courage to attempt something like that.

RunTumMum Tue 11-Mar-14 19:16:28

Go for it. I run first thing 6 days a week (try to be out by 5:45, earlier if I'm doing a long one or have an early meeting) it's a lovely time of day at this time if year, you get to see the sun come up and it's so peaceful.

Plus there's nothing better to make you feel virtuous all day than knowing you got up and went for a run while lots of people are still in their beds!

Lazybones12 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:29:51

Is anyone dying to know what your new business is??? Or am I the only nosy one here grin

Likeaninjanow Tue 11-Mar-14 20:27:39

I do one early morning run each week, with other runs evenings & weekends. The early one is up at 5.40am, quick energy gel (I have probs if skip this) & glass of water, run at 6am, do 6k. Usually takes about 36 minutes.

Great time to run now it's getting lighter - good luck! smile

catstolemypants Wed 12-Mar-14 08:27:15

my god hat was worse than I thought! dont think my fittnes was the problem (i know m not that bad) but doing it so early was hard! tell me I just need to persevere and it will get easier, I got up at 5.45 out of the door for 6.00 home at 6.30 then collapsed in the shower!

dyslexicdespot Wed 12-Mar-14 09:29:54

But you did it! Congrats! I have to eat before I go out. Half a banana and a cup of coffee will do. It get's easier.

catstolemypants Wed 12-Mar-14 10:35:49

i might give that a go i cant usually eat before i run but i did feel empty of energy this morning. I really need to crack this!
lazybones12 its really not that exciting im a hairstylist and Mani/pedi and Gelish Tech i left my job last year and have set up on my own mobile at the moment but im crunching numbers at the mo in order to create my own beauty boutique. I wasn't expecting to be so busy really but its great just means 'mt time' have been lost hence why i need to run again for my own sanity and the health of my family life as well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now