Talk

Advanced search

What's your normal gym routine?

(9 Posts)
YarnyStasher Mon 10-Mar-14 08:23:59

I'm fairly new to this and still trying to work it all out. I'd be interested to hear what you all do.

Here's my usual routine:
Warm up - 5 minutes bike
10 minutes rowing machine (hard)
Treadmill - 3 minutes steady, 4 min hard, 4 min steady, 4 min hard, 4 min cool down

I'm not particularly trying to lose weight or tone up. Just want a good cardio work out so I'm fitter.

Suzannewithaplan Mon 10-Mar-14 12:41:44

One hour weights, one hour cardio.
Cardio is treadmill and cross trainer, some intervals some constant pace depending on how I feel

Sleepwhenidie Mon 10-Mar-14 12:58:18

5 mins hill walk (9+% incline) on treadmill to warm up
20-25 mins weights with spurts of cardio in between sets
HIIT - either stairclimber 1 min very hard, 1 min steady for 12-15 mins or 1 tabata session (4 mins)
Some core strength work on TRX
Stretching.

I do warm up for 10 mins on rower, cross trainer or treadmill just to get HR up.

55 mins routine on TRX straps
Then 20 mins weights and about 20 mins abs - with a little bit of a cardio blast in the middle for 1 min at a time
10 mins on rower/cross trainer
Finish off with 5 mins stretching.

That's a typical routine for me.

MandMand Tue 11-Mar-14 13:27:50

Cycle to gym - 10 mins
Run 5K on treadmill or 30 mins interval routine on cross trainer
30 mins weights
Cycle home

YarnyStasher Tue 11-Mar-14 13:57:56

Goodness. I'm usually in the gym for just less than an hour. And most people at our local gym (that I've seen) are there for less time than me.

kaizen Tue 11-Mar-14 14:06:37

i do warm up on treadmill, rowing sprints for 2 minutes and kettlebell routine upper and lower body and press ups - repeat circuit four times, and finish with 2 x 2 minutes plank. Takes about 30 minutes. Alongside this I do 2 Km swims every day and run or cycle. Oh and yoga or pilates.

But I work next to the gym and don't have a family.....

I been going for many years and have finally worked out how to do an effective and hard workout in a short time - it hurts though and I sweat like mad. TBH, most folk in the gym don't make efficient use of the time they are in there (but then not everyone wants to look like a huffing puffing tomato..)

KatoPotato Tue 11-Mar-14 14:17:35

5k interval run on treadmill - takes about 30mins

Single leg press 50kg x12 (2reps) each leg
Bicep curls 10kg
Tricep cable curls 10k
Shoulder press 30 kg
Low row 30 kg
Chest press 30kg

Floor/ab work with kettlebell - plank 3mins x 2

I run outside 3x per week, do spin once a week, and kettlercise class once per week

Never out the bleddy leaisuredrome!

jen2014 Tue 11-Mar-14 14:45:10

7 min warm up on bike/ cross trainer/ treadmill
Stretches
15-20 min interval bike/ cross trainer
6 min hard rowing
Weights (leg press, shoulder press, chest press)
Stretch down
40-50 mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now