Talk

Advanced search

Can't get on with crosstrainer. Am I too short?

(8 Posts)
YarnyStasher Sat 08-Mar-14 07:25:57

I can't seem to get on with the ones in our gym at all. My knees get sore very quickly, I can't get into any rhythm. I have to stop after less than 5 minutes.

(I usually do 10 minutes rowing and 20 minutes running as well as some cycling, so I don't think it can be because I'm ridiculously unfit.)

Might it be because I'm 5'1? Anyone else had this issue.

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 08-Mar-14 10:11:28

I can't get on with the cross trainer either, although I never thought of the height thing (5"2) I don't seem to be able to get my feet placed properly and when I use it the inner part of my knee and the outer part of my hip (on the same side) hurt. hmm

Maybe it's a technique thing bit I'll be watching for tips.

Suzannewithaplan Sat 08-Mar-14 10:43:49

There are a variety of different styles of cross trainer, I find some of them comfortable and some impossible to get on with.

I'm about your height so maybe they tend to be more difficult for us shorter folk?

sunbathe Sat 08-Mar-14 11:01:39

I'm tall and can't get on with crosstrainers at all.

They make my knees hurt.

SirChenjin Sat 08-Mar-14 11:04:22

I can't use them either - never thought of it being a height thing (5' 2" here), but that would sound right. I never seem to be able to stretch far enough and they hurt my elbows and knees.

YarnyStasher Sat 08-Mar-14 14:37:34

So glad it's not just me!

EauRouge Sat 08-Mar-14 17:38:27

I'm 5'4" and can't get on with them. I find the feet bits too far apart and too far from the handle bits so I end up in a really awkward position. DH got me a rowing machine for Christmas and I can't get the hang of that either, I think a lot of machines are built with 6'2" blokes in mind.

YarnyStasher Sat 08-Mar-14 18:25:09

Yes, Eau the feet are too far apart. That's it exactly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now