Talk

Advanced search

half marathon mid training pause

(3 Posts)
onoroff Fri 07-Mar-14 21:31:09

Hello, I am after some advice please. I have signed up for october half marathon. It will be my first. I thought I would continue with my 5 kms for a couple of months and then do 4 months building up to it. However, we normally go on summer holiday end aug which will be 6 weeks before. Will a pause in training cause me a problem. This is all new to me, I am looking forward to the challenge but don't really want to forsake family holiday for a run in the park! I can't just take the running shoes on holiday as I am a lone parent. Our holidays are generally fairly active but can't involve long runs!

TamerB Fri 07-Mar-14 21:49:20

I had the same problem last September when I did one- it isn't ideal but I assume it is only a week? I did it OK.

CMOTDibbler Sat 08-Mar-14 14:26:45

I think a week off 6 weeks before will be fine, especially if you are active on it.

We went away 4 weeks before my HM last year, and I only got one run in that week (the others cycled 10 miles, I ran) but swam lots and did lots of walking round, and if was fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now