Talk

Advanced search

Anyone smokers done the C25K

(2 Posts)
RichTeaAreCrap Sun 02-Mar-14 19:07:39

I have posted this in Chat before I realised that there was a section for exercise!

I am really unfit, never exercise and really need to start now.

I want to stop smoking too, but haven't yet. I think that starting running may actually help as the fitter I get the more I won't want to ruin it by smoking. I have smoked for 20 years and know it is damaging my health.

Has anyone done this while being a smoker? Did it half kill you? I imagine being able to run for 20 seconds before being completely breathless. I know that is so bad to say but its true blush I am worried about starting it and not being able to run at all without gasping for air.

Anyway, I have decided its time to get fit and ditch the cigs too. I also could do with losing about 1.5 stone

Morrigu Sun 02-Mar-14 22:53:59

I'm doing the c25k and smoked for the first few days before I bit the bullet and chucked the fags away. Was a 15/20 a dayer for 19 years. Yes the first run was a bit of a shock but tbh not as bad as I thought it would be. Was harder getting myself out the door than actually doing it iykwim?

Have noticed a huge difference in my breathing since stopping smoking. Actually saw a change in the matter of a week which took me by surprise. I managed 4 minutes solid running yesterday (did an extra run rather than walk) but I'm only starting week 4 tomorrow and would have laughed 3 weeks ago if someone told me I could do that.

It's really encouraging me to never smoke again too as I'm seeing results. I want to be fit and healthy and get a real buzz out of exercising I never expected. Honestly just do it, you won't regret it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now