Talk

Advanced search

Anyone do Callanetics?

(11 Posts)
plutarch14 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:58:55

Just begun doing this from the DVD - have done Pilates for a while and am fairly good at that but this makes me ache! Feels like it's getting really deep into the muscles and I may be kidding myself but I think I can feel a difference after about 3 sessions. My only problem is that I may get bored with it before long, but am watching box sets while doing it to keep entertained...

So anyone done this and found it effective?

woodrunner Wed 26-Feb-14 20:03:31

No, but I remember a friend doing it. I hadn't seen her for two weeks and did a double take, she looked so sculpted. It's brilliant stuff. Makes you ache though. Think it's the only exercise that can get rid of those chubby inner knees for those of us who suffer them!

pickles184 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:05:54

Yes and it does really work, my posture improved loads and I really toned up brilliantly.
The only trouble I find is that it is a little boring and time consuming to maintain the results.
I still do some of the exercises throughout other workouts though so once you know them you can mix it up.

Pradaqueen Wed 26-Feb-14 20:08:08

blimey haven't done this since 1988! I looked great then though. Off to dig out my video!

CadiM Wed 26-Feb-14 20:29:24

Boring but effective. I got back into it again recently and have memorised the order of the exercises so I can do them while watching TV, although it's tempting to speed them up.

NotGoodNotBad Wed 26-Feb-14 20:44:55

I've done it and found it very effective. Makes me yawn a lot though! The original Callan Pinckney routine is fairly straightforward so once I'd mastered it I used to watch the telly while doing it.

Lavenderhoney Thu 27-Feb-14 21:37:52

I do it. I was advised to on here recently as I run loads so am slim and fit but I have a cs overhang which I don't like.

I do the tummy ones and a few others from her ten years younger in ten days book, off ebay for 99p. I hate yoga and I think the callentics works better and faster. ( hopeful)

Lavenderhoney Thu 27-Feb-14 21:38:49

Plutarch, what DVD do you use?

plutarch14 Fri 28-Feb-14 22:14:49

I've got the 10 years younger in 10 days one, I didn't know there were others... I'm definitely feeling a difference after a couple of tries.

Lavenderhoney Fri 28-Feb-14 22:33:56

I've just downloaded it and done itsmile its on iTunes. Total blast from the past with leotards with beltssmile and full make up.

plutarch14 Fri 28-Feb-14 23:49:22

I know, it's crazy isn't it! I wish they would do an updated version... without the loony music.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now