Talk

Advanced search

Baby slings in child bike carriers

(4 Posts)
AliRyder Sat 22-Feb-14 18:46:18

Hi, We're just looking at purchasing a child bike trailer for our two daughters (currently 2.5years and 6 months). I looked at the Croozer Plus Kid 2 this morning and the Burley D'lite and Encore this afternoon. I loved the look of the Burley but it doesn't have the option of a baby sling. Has anyone tried putting a different brand sling into a burley trailer? Chariot, Croozer and some others all market them.

lljkk Sat 22-Feb-14 18:59:45

We did it the old-fashioned way and strapped down a regular infant carrier very tightly into our Chariot & a Koolstop trailer before that. It was as secure as in the car but no extra cost.

AliRyder Sat 22-Feb-14 19:52:52

Any suggestions on how to do that when the trailer has a fabric base and you also need to fit a toddler in?

lljkk Sat 22-Feb-14 19:56:01

Ah, toddler in trailer as well is a challenge Valid point. We put ours (toddler I mean) in a child seat either on the bike towing trailer or on the bike used by other parent. When you get TWO older children, you get one in a childseat or on a childback tandem AND other tot in a seat, and one of those bikes also tows the trailer with baby in it.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Must use every fitted strap in trailer.

NB: must have faith in your brakes.

hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now