Talk

Advanced search

Need new cross trainers for body attack & gym - any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
Standingonlego Sat 22-Feb-14 12:26:36

Hi folks, looking for some ideas and thoughts.

I have been doing body attack and more gym work recently (squats, weights, box jumps and that type of stuff) and my usual running trainers are just not really up to it. I think i need something lighter, flexible and with more lateral support. A funky colour would be good too smile

I have found it tricky to find any trainers that fit the bill. Only ones I have spotted so far are the Nike Free Bionics? Anyone got a pair? Are they any good? What size to go for?

All other ideas / brands welcome. My running shoes as Saucony and my trail shoes Asics. Limited picking in the local sports shops so guessing will need to go online.

Hope you can help point me in the right direction

spacechimp Sat 22-Feb-14 22:07:14

I found cross trainers impossible to buy in shops so ended up online. I do body attack a couple of times a week and have found asics cross trainers pretty good - the ones designed for netball or similar sports. I got mine on amazon. There are probably alternatives though, and the range of colours isn't that exciting

kaumana Sat 22-Feb-14 22:41:53

I have a pair of Nike Air Max Fusions.
Have a look at Sportsshoes.com they have a good selection of cross trainers + loads of funky colours etc

Standingonlego Sat 22-Feb-14 22:48:12

Thank you, will go and get googling smile

applejelly Sun 23-Feb-14 12:00:52

You could have a look at Reebok Crossfit - I had to buy direct from their website though, and they aren't cheap, but they are designed for Crossfit workouts (not that I do that!) so they are perfect for fast moving things like body combat and also flat enough for doing squats etc.
I got grey but there are some very bright colour combos too!

Standingonlego Sun 23-Feb-14 14:49:49

Thank you apple they look great! The chap climbing the rope in the promo video is pretty great too blush

babsmam Sun 23-Feb-14 14:58:21

I have just worn out a pair of asics cross trainers and would get them again. I have just got some sauconey (sp?) and three weeks in they seem pretty good.

I do similar sports to you combat, attack, Zumba ish, step approx 5 times a week.

shanghaismog Mon 24-Feb-14 06:48:09

Bionics are not bad, run a but big. Pink/orange colour is ace smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now