Talk

Advanced search

Running jackets

(11 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Thu 06-Feb-14 18:08:45

My cheapo Karrimor one managed to destroy its zip yesterday, and now I have nothing rain repellant/waterproof to run in.

Any recommendations before I buy a new jacket?
Something light and breathable, and that won't be too hot as I get vvvv hot running. Doesn't need to be uber waterproof, but deal with days like yesterday when I was 3km from home and the heavens opened.

CMOTDibbler Fri 07-Feb-14 11:38:42

Am I doomed to the cheapy?

Pleaseputyourshoeson Fri 07-Feb-14 16:30:48

I have a Ronhill one which was cheap n cheerful. It's not the most attractive in the world - high viz stripes going through it - but it keeps you dry ish and best of all dries in a flash so I always bung it in the washing machine and then it comes out and is dry really quick. I don't really wear it for real warmth more to keep the wind out and the rain a bit and it ties light as feather round my waist if i don't want it.

manyhands Fri 07-Feb-14 18:19:06

I got a montaine one in the sweatshop sale was down to £53 from £140, brilliant, I actually stay dry.

CMOTDibbler Fri 07-Feb-14 19:03:28

Pleaseputyourshoeson - is that the Ron Hill Vizion one? Sounds like what I need

Pleaseputyourshoeson Fri 07-Feb-14 19:20:00

I think so.

BlueChampagne Sat 08-Feb-14 22:50:47

I have a Ronhill I was given as present but haven't tested it on a long run.

Anjelika Mon 10-Feb-14 13:08:27

I've got the Ronhill Vizion Windlite jacket and really like it. It looks to be on offer at quite a few places right now - certainly less than the £50 I paid just before Xmas!

brainwashed Tue 18-Feb-14 17:55:42

I have the ronhill vision storm one...really windproof and keeps me dry too. Don't get too hot/sweaty either. I also love that it comes with a flashing light that attaches to the back [ smile] Also love that it is very fitted so that if I'm racing on freezing days I can wear my vest and number over it!
Bit more pricy than some others but I love it.

CMOTDibbler Tue 18-Feb-14 18:40:34

Thanks for the recs, I'll get a Ron Hill. Def want something fitted so it doesn't flap

BlueChampagne Fri 28-Feb-14 22:42:30

Ronhill tested in rain today - a bit boil in the bag but at current temps that's not a problem. Suspect you have to spend £££ for really breathable, though haven't got Vision Storm brainwashed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now