Talk

Advanced search

Running with a hangover?

(14 Posts)
realhousewifeofdevoncounty Tue 03-Apr-12 21:32:23

I am having a glass or two of wine this evening as I am kind of celebrating something, but just at home, nothing too crazy! I know I'm likely to feel a bit hungover, but I'd like to go on quite a long run tomorrow I.e 8-10 k as it's the only chance I'll get. I never FEEL like running on a hangover, but is it actually bad for you? Do you do it?

RedBlanket Tue 03-Apr-12 21:35:20

2 glasses then probably. Anymore and possibly not. I struggle to kelp hydrated when running because I cant run with a bottle.

I have a friend who swears by a good long run to Get over a hangover though.

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Tue 03-Apr-12 21:41:32

Yeah my exp used to exercise on a hangover, almost to punish himself! Personally I'd rather eat a fry up and watch hollyoaks! Doubt it'll be that "grade" of hangover tomorrow though seeing as it's a school night, but I'll see how it goes! grin

OrmIrian Tue 03-Apr-12 21:43:31

Very best way to get over it.

preferably not first thing though.... wink

MunroMagic Tue 03-Apr-12 21:44:10

I do - never more than about 10k though. It really clears my head and I always feel much better afterwards. I usually take the camelback with some powerade or water.

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Tue 03-Apr-12 21:48:04

Ahhh powerade! Never use it to exercise, but it's the only thing that makes me feel human again when I've got a true brain-shrinker of a hangover!

TheSurgeonsMate Tue 03-Apr-12 21:50:54

I'm sure the official advice is not to, but I have done and found it made me feel much better.

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Tue 03-Apr-12 22:00:05

I remember reading some horrible story about a man who went running when he had a bit if a cold and a fever and dropped dead. Trouble is now I tend to use the slightest sniffle as an excuse not to go running, and I tend to make similar excuses when I am even mildly hungover!

lovesineffable Wed 04-Apr-12 10:46:13

i'd just play it by ear..when not sure if im up to any training i make a start and see how i feel, cut it short if i start to feel rough, keep going if i perk upsmile

FredFredGeorge Wed 04-Apr-12 13:08:39

No, it's not bad for you. It will likely feel harder.

Pogue909 Mon 25-Jun-12 08:58:36

raises hand

I run with moderate hangovers! I just make sure I drink loads of water in the hours beforehand.

I don't run with the sort of hangover that makes me want to crawl under the kitchen table and die though. Not sure that would be sensible/possible.

sid8 Fri 24-May-13 10:46:25

There are different hangover cures but the best one is to re-hydrate your body by using excess amount of water. Heavy meal and shower also works good for hangover..

flumperoo Sat 25-May-13 14:57:24

It may be worth having electrolyte drinks beforehand, which is a great hangover cure in itself.

RhondaJean Sat 25-May-13 15:04:18

DH swears by going for a run to shift a hangover.

I believe him safely from bed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now